Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
SSF Founder
5,225 Posts
I just finished creating a new slingshot design! Or, at least I think it is.
The fork tips align vertically when aiming and shooting. You hook your pointer finger over the nub at the top, thumb under the the bottom hook, and your other fingers naturally sit on the angled handle. The prongs are 1" wide (for strong bands), the fork gap is 2.5", the thickness is 3/4", and the thumb nub is 3/4" across. I dub it the C-Shot!

What do you guys think?

Edit: Added Text and Arrows to images.

Attachments

·
Registered
803 Posts
I think it would work fine for some folk- but I don't think I could get my geezer body re-programed for it.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Well...Maybe not totally new, but nice design anyway. I got the last three pics from Mells' web sight:"slingshots of the world". The first one is one I experimented with.

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
+1 for inventivenes
+1 for showing the design BEFORE build
+2 for thinking outside the box
-2 for not accounting for natural arm pronation (it would be upside down if actually made)
-1 (opt) for a flat handle (most ppl dont like sharpish edges in their hands)

total +1 keep up the designing but dont neglect anatomy

thanks for sharing!

·
SSF Founder
5,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
-2 for not accounting for natural arm pronation (it would be upside down if actually made)
Thanks for the comments!

On the first one, maybe I don't understand, but I made the handle at a 45 degree angle to help the arm and hand sit more naturally.

It is hard to tell in the pics, but I rounded all the edges 1/8" (except for the numb, which I wanted to have as wide as I can).

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks for the comments!

On the first one, maybe I don't understand, but I made the handle at a 45 degree angle to help the arm and hand sit more naturally.

It is hard to tell in the pics, but I rounded all the edges 1/8" (except for the numb, which I wanted to have as wide as I can).
[/quote]

now dont get me wrong i think its cool, i like the finger grip on the fork

if your hand pronates 45deg or so, and the forks are offset 45deg, then the final orientation will be 90deg off when your arm pronates (cants) before firing

maybe im misunderstanding the diagram though

the only way to really know is to build it!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks for the comments!

[/quote]

if your hand pronates 45deg or so, and the forks are offset 45deg, then the final orientation will be 90deg off when your arm pronates (cants) before firing

[/quote]

have you built it yet? im excited
i think it would be nice if fabricated out of polycarbonate/lexan with fib-op inlaid the top fork for aimiming

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the comments!

[/quote]

[/quote]

have you built it yet? im excited
i think it would be nice if fabricated out of polycarbonate/lexan with fib-op inlaid the top fork for aimiming
[/quote]

No not yet, I'll have to wait till this weekend. I've been thinking about to make it out of wood, I'm thinking cherry. I've got a freind thats got some cherry they found in an old barn it's so hard to cut. Well seasoned. I think that will hold up,if not I'll send a picture of the black and blue face too. LOL. I will have it done by Sat. Talk to ya all later. Ohio Plinker

·
Banned
73 Posts
Hey Aaron your right about having your hand at angle being more natural. That being said there is no reason to have the forks canted. You don't need to have the forks vertical when shooting.

·
Registered
330 Posts
It`s authentic gansta.....i love it.....did you think in lowered the fork a little????........+POWA....+ACCURATE........great desing

1 - 14 of 14 Posts