Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No not to shoot credit cards with, rather the same size as a credit card (library card in the pics). I won't be able to shoot heavy bands with it since there isn't a lot of support but there is more then you think, my middle finger just has enough grip on the back to offer support.

It's actually quite comfortable. Made from 1/2" PVC.

Reactions: Tag

· Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
although it would no longer be a credit card shooter, i could add a little tab where my middle finger goes and have a ton more support.

· Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i'll probably add a wrist wrap for safety and support.

· Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,013 Posts
I like it too, especially with a finger ring on the bottom. Maybe I will have to make me one to try out.

· Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i'll post the drawing under the shared designs forum

· Resigned
1,100 Posts
The shape of it really reminds me of an Alaskan ulu knife for skinning animals. I like your idea and it looks quite sturdy. I may give it a shot with my coping saw after you put it in the Shared Designs Forum. I'd also like to thank you for sharing your good idea with everyone both here and the design in the other location.

· Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,013 Posts
Here is a version I came up with that I think incorporates that little bit of extra for better grip that you were talking about. I'll shoot it after the finish dries and see what it's like. I'm interested to keep up with this design that others may post. Great for a shirt pocket.

Attachments

· Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
that is kind of what i was thinking smitty, nice job.

shirt pocket is what i was thinking with this.

· Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah i even thought of tapping in a small rod for support then it could just be unscrewed, but i wouldn't trust that in PVC.

I got the PVC from the scrap bin at work.

· Premium Member
3,228 Posts
although it would no longer be a credit card shooter, i could add a little tab where my middle finger goes and have a ton more support.
Do that and you would have a Mu...

... which is no problem as that's another shared design. The Mu also features a lanyard hole, which is very much recommended, as it not only provides more grip, but keeps it in your hand if the grip slips.

· Resigned
906 Posts
Well I had some spare time because of the lousy weather. So I made this using a very small Oak board and some scrap Micarta,
lucky I never throw off cuts away never know when a small piece might come in handy.
At first I thought it was quite original, then realised it was basically the same a Dans Mu only a little larger.
Never mind I will have another go when I get some more Micarta.
View attachment 4981 View attachment 4982 View attachment 4983 Martin

· Registered
645 Posts
Well I had some spare time because of the lousy weather. So I made this using a very small Oak board and some scrap Micarta,
lucky I never throw off cuts away never know when a small piece might come in handy.
At first I thought it was quite original, then realised it was basically the same a Dans Mu only a little larger.
Never mind I will have another go when I get some more Micarta.
View attachment 4981 View attachment 4982 View attachment 4983 Martin
It looks very different .Why do you say its the same?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.