Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,991 Posts
These look good. I will no doubt try at least some of them. Thanks for posting these.

Cheers ...... Charles

·
Registered
388 Posts
I thought about glueing a few old gift cards together and using the "card multiplex" for a slingshot..... Hmmm.... I like the design at lower right... Might have to try it!

-Restita

Reactions: leon13

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
That's a great idea! It is similar in concept to the altoids tin-compatible series that I made, except they are smaller. I presume that if you're making them credit card sized, then you plan to fit them into a wallet and will make them no thicker than 3.5mm.

Here are the challenges:
  • TTF doesn't work. Essentially it shoots like a PFS with a pure OTT action
  • The fork gap shape / tips need undercut to keep the bands on
  • Flexibility and structural strength is an issue if you are using plastic credit cards
  • Grip is a problem; you need a lanyard
  • Sharp edges and protrusions may make for an uncomfortable grip

I will update these attachments later; I will experiment with a pinkie hole derivative.

PDF

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
That's a great idea! It is similar in concept to the altoids tin-compatible series that I made, except they are smaller. I presume that if you're making them credit card sized, then you plan to fit them into a wallet and will make them no thicker than 3.5mm.

Here are the challenges:
  • TTF doesn't work. Essentially it shoots like a PFS with a pure OTT action
  • The fork gap shape / tips need undercut to keep the bands on
  • Flexibility and structural strength is an issue if you are using plastic credit cards
  • Grip is a problem; you need a lanyard
  • Sharp edges and protrusions may make for an uncomfortable grip
I will update these attachments later; I will experiment with a pinkie hole derivative.

PDF
you could use thin aluminum, or Ti. but these look like fun to shoot

·
Banned
6,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I recently picked up a few meters of 50 x 3mm aluminium plate and that is the material I intend to use. Polish that baby to a mirror finish and spray with a colour tinted lacquer.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Could not find this thread, bump

1 - 20 of 48 Posts