Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like shooting my crossbow, but it is band in britain to hunt with them, Just a thought, i wonder if you can hunt with a catapult bow, just wondering on the law, cheers jeff

my crossbow.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Beautiful ! Just beautiful!

·
Resident Nutcase
132 Posts
"bullet bows" were common as early as the 15-1600's and were called arboletes I believe. They were used for hunting small game (mostly birds)but mostly used as target shooting by the upper class gentry. An artificial bird was propped up on top of a long pole and people (ladies included) would compete to see who could shoot it down first. The artificial bird was called a "popinjay"

To learn how to make the strings and pouch for such a machine, go to youtube and search for "Robin Allen" or alternatively you may visit www.thecrossbowmansden.com for more info. but youtube is probly best. If you love beautiful crossbows, then visit Robins site.

W.

I like shooting my crossbow, but it is band in britain to hunt with them, Just a thought, i wonder if you can hunt with a catapult bow, just wondering on the law, cheers jeff

my crossbow.

·
Resident Nutcase
132 Posts
Im not sure about hunting laws or what can be legally killed there, as at one time all game was considered the King's property. None the less I dug out a historical "catapult" vid newcast for ya (in-swinger):

my crossbow.

·
Registered
316 Posts
They are good but you have to be careful when buying them. At least here in the States anyways. The cheaper ones tend to creak and snap easy. You don't really get a quality product until the $500 range. At least that's been my experience with them.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They are good but you have to be careful when buying them. At least here in the States anyways. The cheaper ones tend to creak and snap easy. You don't really get a quality product until the $500 range. At least that's been my experience with them.
Mine is 2 crossbows mixed, the bow has been fitted on by a lad i know who works in a gun shop, and it ha a good quality string to it, i did have a cheap one before and it fired short of power when it was cocked too long, and the strings used to snap through a poor finish, cheers jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts