Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here I am again! after a short absence.
I stayed with some work on the table, which I am about to show you.

First, a piece which I named "Cuauhtemoc" (for those unfamiliar with the history of Mexico, my beloved and dangerous country, a little reading here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuauhtémoc )
Cuauhtemoc was an Aztec ruler at the time of the conquistadores, the Spanish who burned his feet as torture, to obtain information about ... I think some Aztec treasure.

but he remained firm as a rock!! and did not say a single-little word to those sons of... spain, or as we say here in Mexico "le pelaron las merititas muelas" LOL

so, as a tribute, I´ve burned the "foot" of my fork LOL + LOL

allways waiting for your comments.

Thanks for watching.

... oh! and I almost forgot!!...

... VIVA MEXICO!!

Attachments

Reactions: JOS

·
Registered
98 Posts
Cool a slingshot with history! Nice tribute! And great looking slingshot!
I was allso thinking of burning, my slingshot! Didi you use Fire? I was plabning on leving it in the oven for a couple of minutes!
I did that (By misstake) to my fryingpan with a wood handle and it came out nice with a black coulor!
Did you polish it befor the burn or after?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Cool a slingshot with history! Nice tribute! And great looking slingshot!
I was allso thinking of burning, my slingshot! Didi you use Fire? I was plabning on leving it in the oven for a couple of minutes!
I did that (By misstake) to my fryingpan with a wood handle and it came out nice with a black coulor!
Did you polish it befor the burn or after?
yes, in fact, burned in the stove, remove the burner temporarily, so I get a flame about 15 cm.
do it fast or you'll start to hear fireworks in the wood, which is not good at all.

after the timber is cooled, it must be sanded up to 2000 grits.
is hard work but it's fun to "do more with less"

good luck !!

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,414 Posts
I don't think I could have burned such a lovely slingshot myself! But I also like the story behind it.

·
Super Moderator
7,048 Posts
Hola Josh! Me gusta mucho Compa - tambien historia de pais! Buena suerte Flatband!

Reactions: CHANEKE_JOSH

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very nice, beautiful craftsmanship.
Martin
thank you very much, coming from an excellent craftsman, is a very flattering comment
(you are ALL excelent craftsmans... dont get me wrong
)

·
Registered
881 Posts
Here I am again! after a short absence.
I stayed with some work on the table, which I am about to show you.

First, a piece which I named "Cuauhtemoc" (for those unfamiliar with the history of Mexico, my beloved and dangerous country, a little reading here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuauhtémoc )
Cuauhtemoc was an Aztec ruler at the time of the conquistadores, the Spanish who burned his feet as torture, to obtain information about ... I think some Aztec treasure.

but he remained firm as a rock!! and did not say a single-little word to those sons of... spain, or as we say here in Mexico "le pelaron las merititas muelas" LOL

so, as a tribute, I´ve burned the "foot" of my fork LOL + LOL

allways waiting for your comments.

Thanks for watching.

... oh! and I almost forgot!!...

... VIVA MEXICO!!
Chaneke, you are right about Cuahtemoc, the first Mexican hero. Not only the Spaniards, did not crack him, he showed them how to live and died with proud. The Spaniards also made him walk after they burned his feet. He did always standed proud and is a inspiration to all Mexicans. "Acaso yo estoy en un lecho de rosas?" One of his most famous phrases. VIVA MEXICO!!!http://sinarkalli.mx.tripod.com/cuauhtemoc.jpg
Your slingshot is a nice tribute to a real worrior. Thanks for make us proud.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.