Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might go on for a bit so I will get right to the point. In the very near future, I will be in the market for a custom sling. Any recommendations?
Background with customs: I have shot longbow for 20 plus years. In that time I have owned dozens of custom longbows. I have paid and waited for as long as 2 years for delivery. Most times I am extremely pleased and on a few occasions, not so much. Unfortunately, the best of the best is no longer selling. It seems, in that world, the best artists don't necessarily have a head for business. No disrespect at all.
Moving on to my current endeavor, slingshots. I have a couple dozen and I'm not (completely) happy with any one of them. While, I shoot a couple of them far better than the rest, I would like to commission all the pros and eliminate the cons to a skilled artist. I honestly don't care if it takes months or a year of discussion before the build even begins. I am a patient man.
I understand that pretty won't make me shoot better as well as I know that my custom rods won't catch more fish. I do know however, that functional art is something I'm into.
Please, if you know as an artist , recommend them.

·
Neophyte
2,126 Posts
Tony the slinger, truth or nothing, Mr Brooks, are all top notch and I have seen amazing work from them and own impressive slings from them too. These guy are just who I thought of off the top of my head, no slight to the other builders just who I can think of at 530 in the morning :)

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
There are a lot of talented people on here. Simply go through the "homemade slingshot" section and look through it. If you see something interesting, send a PM. A lot of craftsmen are not always interested in posting their frames up for sale but will jump at a chance to help you out, good luck!!

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
He may not be on SSF, but off the top of my head I love Ian Currie's work in addition to all the above ans many more.
DSL has a great idea... look through the Homemade Slingshot section for sure. So many talented, skilled, and kind makers on here.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Tony the slinger, truth or nothing, Mr Brooks, are all top notch and I have seen amazing work from them and own impressive slings from them too. These guy are just who I thought of off the top of my head, no slight to the other builders just who I can think of at 530 in the morning :)
Wow thank you very much for the recommendation..I'm honoured..but I'm not at that level yet and still learning with every frame I do.. nothing serious im just have fun with it:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts