Slingshots Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

Mojave Mo
I鈥檝e seen this frame splashed all over the nightly news but haven鈥檛 seen one comment asking about the counter-fork tip angles. Of course Natty鈥檚 are frequently cut accordingly due to the direction of the stick. However I am almost confident I haven鈥檛 seen this designed into a fork like this. Can you or Reed give us a hint as to the concept and benefit of this layout? What am I missing?

Super Moderator
I鈥檝e seen this frame splashed all over the nightly news but haven鈥檛 seen one comment asking about the counter-fork tip angles. Of course Natty鈥檚 are frequently cut accordingly due to the direction of the stick. However I am almost confident I haven鈥檛 seen this designed into a fork like this. Can you or Reed give us a hint as to the concept and benefit of this layout? What am I missing?
The original Chalice had canted forks, so I wanted to go with tradition. It's as simple as that 馃
Then I wanted narrower forks to hold the weight down and the holes for the tubes to help with that also. Basically I want it for a tube shooter, but when the time strikes, I want to be able to throw some 1-1/4" wide .4 bands on it, so Shane came up with off setting for the fork tips and it looked great on paper and now even better finished 馃馃嵒(y)

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Just what Reed said! Took the original, then Reed鈥檚 custom dimensions, little doodling and this is what turned up:) Gesture Font Diagram Terrestrial plant Parallel
Mirror Gesture Grey Font Rectangle

Mojave Mo
Just what Reed said! Took the original, then Reed鈥檚 custom dimensions, little doodling and this is what turned up:) View attachment 377271 View attachment 377272
Geez. I鈥檝e been cutting the tops of my Chalice鈥 long enough to forget that is how it was originally designed. In fact I鈥檓 not sure I have even shot a 鈥榩roper鈥 Chalice!? 馃槼

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Geez. I鈥檝e been cutting the tops of my Chalice鈥 long enough to forget that is how it was originally designed. In fact I鈥檓 not sure I have even shot a 鈥榩roper鈥 Chalice!? 馃槼
Haha, I mean cut the tops straight and round off the bottom of the handle and you have dayhikers little plinker. That in fact, is what most people make when they call it a 鈥渃halice鈥. I do love the plinkers, and I have my own take on one, but there is something special about the chalice.

Super Moderator
Hey Reed is that 1 1/4鈥 straight or tapered? If tapered, what鈥檚 your pouch width? And what size steel are you launching through that?! I鈥檝e gotta try it!
It's tapered, 5/8+- different roo pouches Sureshot or Adonis medium to large with ammo sized to the pouch. 3/8" to 5/8" marbles. Mostly 3/8 or 1/2" clay . I change it up a lot.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts