Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I'm getting artistic
This little fork was nice, but a little bland, so I thought I'd jazz it up a little. With my limited imagination, all I could think of so far was to make it fit my hand real good -- I am trying to think of a way to glamorize it with pyro, paint, kholrosing or something but can't. Any ideas out there?
On a side note, because of the way I topped off the fork, I could only justify using tubes over the top, so I sent away for some trumark rrt tubes. Wonder how it's gonna shoot (I hope it's something like my dankung).

Anyway here it is:

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

How should I decorate it?

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I think it looks great the way it is but I'm partial to basic natural forks. Good luck with your beautification project.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
I agree ....leave it natural maybe with a coat or two of linseed oil or poly. Very nice!!!! Great job.

·
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well. . . I still want to make it pretty because there is no apparent grain at all to the wood which makes it look like a piece of plastic.

So in light of the fact that I have some red tubes coming, and I love the red and black combination (see
ZDP-189's post here http://slingshotforum.com/topic/991-one-night-in-bangkok/), I am going to paint this fork black, maybe with a little gold.

What the heck. I've done stupider things in my life (see my avatar).

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Well. . . I still want to make it pretty because there is no apparent grain at all to the wood which makes it look like a piece of plastic.

So in light of the fact that I have some red tubes coming, and I love the red and black combination (see
ZDP-189's post here http://slingshotforu...ht-in-bangkok/), I am going to paint this fork black, maybe with a little gold.

What the heck. I've done stupider things in my life (see my avatar).
why dont you have a go at this, jeff
http://slingshotforum.com/topic/967-tribal-dragon/

·
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everybody. Whatever I do to it, I promise to post -- even if I make a mess of it!

·
Registered
31 Posts
my opinion that a natural fork connects you more with the nature,great job

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hey DH,

Likin' it like it is. How about some cool pyro tats? Besides, what's wrong with plastic. Now being the proud owner of a couple of your naturals, I seriously doubt that you could "mess it up". I am betting these other guys on the forum are in total agreement. I know---Air Ride! Slam it and jam it! Pimp it up!

He he,

SSS

:woot: :woot:

·
Registered
635 Posts
Nice forking job. If you want to fork it up even more by painting it, I suggest red/white/black/gold like the old crochet mallets were painted. Sometimes a piece of "bland" wood needs some krylon....remember it only has to make YOU happy.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I love that fork and what you did with it. I'm partial to natural wood colours rather than painting them. I'd be inclined to try a little BLO first to see if it doesn't pull that grain out for you. But it will "yellow" the wood a bit on you. Good luck, show us the final outcome when ur done.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts