Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i took my old beat up kukri and used it as a test bench for various shaping techniques. The blade created is not made specifically for a task but utilises as many awkward curves as i could fit in purely as a test to myself.

The piece removed from the front became a small kiridashi rather than wasting it.

I am pleased with the outcome, the epoxy used was a 99p cheap and nasty that was my only option at the time, it was curing as fast as i was mixing it so the gluelines were unavoidable. I will be making knives in the future, from small traditional skinners to bushcraft to full size tactical with kydex sheath. It will take a while to get to any great level but please check my facebook if you would like to follow this path alongside the slingshots.

If you have any ideas for a basic knife then please don't hesitate to give me a shout, I don't have the means to fully heat treat yet so will be mainly reshaping scandi blanks to start with. Once my confidence grows Il start on the Damascus customs and so on.

let me know what you think, bearing in mind this was shaped just as a test piece for the handle more than anything else

Wood Pliers Art Natural material Audio equipment
Finger Gesture Creative arts Thumb Art
Plant Fawn Terrestrial animal Grass Groundcover
Plant Terrestrial plant Fawn Terrestrial animal Wood
Plant Grass Tool Kitchen utensil Tree
Tool Grass Hunting knife Knife Pattern
Plant Terrestrial plant Wood Fawn Terrestrial animal
Plant Fawn Terrestrial animal Wood Grass

Attachments

· Premium Member
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yup, so i could rework a blank in heat treated 154 right? and as long as it doesn't get to hot it wont effect the tempering?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.