Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this wonderful frame from Truthornothing a few weeks back. I was asking him to make one for me that's right handed and he just nailed it. Fits like a glove. The material has a great depth and brings back the memories of my childhood swirling marbles. As a surprise he added a skull engraved knuckle duster to my pack. He remembered I'm a fan of bones and skulls.

The work is really clean and the materials are sweet and balanced. She has a great curvature. Just pleasing to my eye. As the sun shines through the swirls I tend to rest my sight on the flow and loosing myself for a moment.

Thank you David! Over a couple bandsets I really appreciate the careful build of yours! Have a good day everyone!

Blue Wood Bicycle part Tool Font

Hand Plant Toy Wood Finger

Watch Hand Gesture Wood Finger

Watch Photograph Blue Organism Gesture

Blue Azure Bicycle part Revolver Wood

Wood Tree Grass Trunk Electric blue

Crankset Tool Wood Metalworking hand tool Pliers

Attachments

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you everyone! I really enjoy the Manta Ray :)

Great looking slingshot there. I have to ask: what Spyderco is that? I'm a bit of an AFI myself, I really love Spydercos and have many, but I've never seen that one before. It looks like an older SEKI model, but thats all I've got.
It is a Tim Wegner Design called Ocelot (c74) produced between 2005-2007. https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details/C74/Spyderco-Ocelot/199

Using it for rough stuff, like carving off small parts of aluminum and hardwood. My other favorite the Spyderco Superhawk is also VG-10, but that's a totally different geometry. Makes a great cutter.

·
Super Moderator
6,673 Posts
Love that swirly marble look!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.