Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently i bought a custom made Hedgerow Hunter (HH). which is made up of 10 mm alloy core (by Matt redding and built by kevin moocher , UK) laminated with resin handle.it feels good in hand and shoots well. I observed that, I feel easy to draw and shoots stable with some heavy bands with my HH compare to HDPE/Polycarbonate slings. anyone feels same ?? its due to weight of slingshots so that its handles heavy bands well.. compare to light weight slingshots.

·
Premium Member
10,549 Posts
I always asked myself "why shoot an ugly slingshot "? My favorite, the Axiom Champ in plastic hurts the heck out of my thumb. So I went custom. In the big scheme of things they're not all that expensive, plus you can always do a trade. The big difference is with a custom you need to be sure it's the one you want. Don't rush it.
If you don't like the ones you have, trade them for ones that you do like.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Materials of a frame do make a difference to stability and rigidity. A frame with a metal core will just feel more solid. Plus it kinda resonates differently, feeling more stable on release. Having said that, lighter weight material like G10 is also super rigid and stable.

I like a bit of heft on the frame but not too much. All steel frames are probably too heavy although they have the other qualities I'd look for. An aluminium frame however tends to be in to ballpark of the heft I like... To each his own, I think it's quite individual. I also like mixed material frames paired with the warmth of wood... We tend to have a few frames anyway, so we'd enjoy everything...

There is nothing wrong with polycarbonate frames though, they have their place in a collection as utility frames... I do like them also but then again, I suffer from slingshot promiscuity...

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts
I agree, the polycarbonates are basically cheap frames that flex no matter what the band type. I prefer a laminate or layered frame for the strength. I really like my Axiom Ocularis but the forks bend back so far when using heavy bands, that they feel like they will break off and come flying back at me.
What's the point of using that heavy of bands.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Super Moderator
2,267 Posts
What's the point of using that heavy of bands.?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Just fun and speed testing with 44 cal or larger ammo. Trying to get consistently above 400fps. I shoot an 80lbs bow, so a 30lb pull on a sling is no big deal.
It's exercise :)

Plant Tree Biome Grass Wood

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.