Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Cogito Ergo Armatum Sum
1,014 Posts
Thanks Nathan. I'm glad you like it. You are correct on the horn, it is Gemsbok, and the ivory is african warthog. I had been calling that slingshot Savannah, cause it reminded me of Peter Hathaway Capstick's "Death in the Long Grass".

The woods are indeed black walnut and black cherry. Just in case you're interested, that wood came from a couple of trees that were in my parents yard in Arkansas. I grew up climbing in them and later building hotrods under them. The cherry in particular was very large, at least 36 inches at the base. We used to hang a chain fall from it to pull engine blocks with. Eventually dad got tired of messing with them and had them taken down. Years before I got interested in woodworking, of course so most of it was hauled off to be turned into mantle pieces and tables and such. He saved some of the bigger forks and pieces though, and I've been carefully hording them for years and cutting them up a little at a time.

Anyway, I was guessing on the bands, so no stress there, Again, that's Bill's idea for the slotlocks on the band ties, I shamelessly copied it from him. I included a set of sterling 107's that I had tapered, for you to play around with as well, if you feel the urge. Enjoy, and I'll be watching the mailbox like a hawk :)

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Excellent!! -- Tex

·
Registered
154 Posts
That is awesome! I need to pay the ranch I used to work on a visit and get some more anter and teeth for some projects. I have several axis and sitka anlters still ii am saving I had a set of schimitar horned oryx and wildebeest horns but I waited around and forgot to ever get them (hits self in head). Keep up the good work I love the horn and ivory

1 - 11 of 11 Posts