Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Does anyone else cut themselves an odd pouch size or a pouch to customized measurements?

I know there are, in general, standard pouch sizes for shooting steel and lead balls and pouch sizes meant for shooting rocks.

I got curious about this when I was looking over the pouch I use. I've seen bigger and I've certainly seen smaller. I don't shoot rocks anymore. I stick with 1/2 ammo of any material as much as I can. I'm just curious to see if we have a wide variety of pouch sizes among different shooters or not.

I developed this for myself after some experimenting.I've been using it ever since. I thought about changing it but it just feels too good between my fingers.

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
Looks like a good, all purpose size. I use the Performance Catapults pouches for 99% of my shooting but I use a bigger pouch made out of 'roo skin and patterned after a standard Trumark pouch for shooting rocks.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
That is a good design! Speed is only one thing to take into consideration. The more edges that your thumb and finger feel, the less the accuracy. -- Tex

·
Registered
259 Posts
I true a piece of leather so that the sides are parallel and it looks wide enough, probably 3/4 to 1 1/4 in. Cut it to length (no idea, I'll have to measure one). Fold in half and punch band holes, and round corners. Unfold pouch, punch centering hole, and cut relief slits in band holes. That has been my process so far. Today I've made two of the dowel woven pounches from another thread. I used jute twine and bamboo kitchen skewers (11). I am eager to see how these pouches work out.
Dimensions: approx. 4.5" x 1"

·
Banned
741 Posts
i was gonna say that!
my pouches are 3/4 inch wide and four inches long with a centering hole and holes cut out to reduce weight.weighs less than 3 grams.
That's a huge pouch man. For 3/8 steel, I make my roo pouches 10 x 60mm.
[/quote]
well i use 3/4 inch ammo.and since switching to a longer pouch my accuracy has improved a lot and i never get fork hits.it is also a lot more comfortable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts