Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Grandpa Pete
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a week ago I received sling-mail from the Devil's Son-in-law with a very nice Black Locust fork. I like it a lot and yesterday I decided to customize it a bit by adding Spanish loops, leather wrapping and a lanyard through the metal lined hole which Jake provided. I am not sure if this is the banding I will end up with but it works for now with 1/4" and 3/8" ammo. What do you think?

Attachments

·
Mr. Mars
360 Posts
There leather loops look great. Everything you guys do comes out so nice. I don't have the skills to do must of the customizing you all do but I'm gonna give it a try.
The leather wrapped handle looks superb. You got it stitched nice and tight. Did you get the leather wet before stitching so it would dry tight? Also, what weight leather did you use?
Thanks

·
Grandpa Pete
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There leather loops look great. Everything you guys do comes out so nice. I don't have the skills to do must of the customizing you all do but I'm gonna give it a try.
The leather wrapped handle looks superb. You got it stitched nice and tight. Did you get the leather wet before stitching so it would dry tight? Also, what weight leather did you use?
Thanks
It's a light weight Latino so it has some stretch to it. I did not wet it. I measure it so that its about 1/16" less than the diameter of the handle. I sewed it with artificial sinew . pull it tight and then Tapp it flat with a hammer.

·
SLING-N-SHOT
4,155 Posts
Thanks
@M Mars......I like your attitude. You realize the limitations of your skill set now, but you strive to be better, and as Justin Wilson the famous Cajun cook used to say " I guarawntee " you will get better if you keep trying to !

There is another cool way to do a leather wrapped handle using deer hide lacing, that is a kind of wrap and tuck method requiring no stitching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.