Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had to try this...I liked the simple and beautiful look of jörgs shottie and have to admit that this is my first attempt to work with wood since 20 years back in school. But despite the obvious flaws, I like it.

Can't wait for the oil to dry and take it to the shooting range.

good night, zille.

Brown Wood Font Symbol Artifact

Attachments

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
looks good to me, while your waiting for hte oil to dry...make another one!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so meanwhile my first selfmade shotty dried and I attached the bands. It really went great for about 20 shots, but then the thread I fixed the pouch to the bands ripped...what kind of string are you using to hold it in place firmly?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use 1.3 mm polypropylene string, 25 kg strength. You will find it in every DYI "Baumarkt" out there, 40 meters for 2 Euros or so.

Thin, lightweight, strong and no problem with the bands.
Thanks for the hint. I'll grab some tomorrow. Right now I'm trying small stripes of theraband gold. Works way better than the tread I originally used. But I don't have trust in these for heavy bands.
By the way, thank you also for the how-to videos. Next model will be more personally designed. For starters your printable model was a perfect way to get me hooked. And it shoots well too. Was able to hit a 10*10 cm target from 7 meters distance. I love it!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm really in love with the theraband-gold-setup. Have to work on the pouch but theraband has to be the best slingshot-material...durable (as far as I can say right now), powerful and fast. And it smells funny.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Looks like you did a very good job making that slingshot 10 out of 10

·
"500+fps Speed demon"
668 Posts
I'm really in love with the theraband-gold-setup. Have to work on the pouch but theraband has to be the best slingshot-material...durable (as far as I can say right now), powerful and fast. And it smells funny.
Its smells like custard creams!!! Im a big fan of both TB Gold and custard creams, win win situation!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@baumstamm thanks, I appreciate it.
@john-boy I think you're right, it does smell like some kind of pastry. that explains the weird urge to bite it from time to time...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.