Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this guy has been brought up once before but I was looken at slingshot on E-BAY and thought I was here on the forum. I don't know who he is but I do know he is a regular here. Weather a guest or member I couldn't say but it seems like when someone has a design he likes he makes it and puts it up for sale on E-BAY. Just thought since we are over 1500 strong all the newer members should be brought up to date. I think if I wanted one of his slingshots I'll go to the original designer.

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
Theres him and his dad that are making them, his dad is no longer on the site, but do we know who every one is, any one member can look on site but can not see all of the photos without logging in,
i dont know why they copy cos they are good slingshot makers, and sell them cheap, my son has one he got off ebay of theres, it a good soilid slingshot, jeff

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
This is all too close for comfort for me, and many others who make their living as professionals!!!!

Whether or not their "well made", or "identical" is not the real issue!!! Lack of integrity and honor is!!!!

Having been a musician for years I often look at this issue from that perspective. As for me I'm not a rich rock star who gripes about copied CD's because I'm not getting richer. I'm more like the struggling busker who doesn't eat or pay bills if people don't buy my songs. Frankly, every time people like this succeed in selling a close clone of my work my children may go without something they need.

Don't encourage copying and selling of stolen designs!!! Support values, and those with honest business practices by buying originals from our vendors, or not at all!!!!

·
Banned
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is all too close for comfort for me, and many others who make their living as professionals!!!!

Whether or not their "well made", or "identical" is not the real issue!!! Lack of integrity and honor is!!!!

Having been a musician for years I often look at this issue from that perspective. As for me I'm not a rich rock star who gripes about copied CD's because I'm not getting richer. I'm more like the struggling busker who doesn't eat or pay bills if people don't buy my songs. Frankly, every time people like this succeed in selling a close clone of my work my children may go without something they need.

Don't encourage copying and selling of stolen designs!!! Support values, and those with honest business practices by buying originals from our vendors, or not at all!!!!
Thank you Perry thats the point I'm trying to make. For those of us that do not do this for a living its no big deal but for those that do it's different.

·
Premium Member
1,621 Posts
Hi Rob i dont think? band sets are an issue mate OR are they? i must say his band sets are very good and well made
Is there anyone on here that does them in the uk

Atb rob

·
Resigned
1,142 Posts
Well now maybe the fellow can run a respectable slingshot business. He did have some that looked to be designs he had come up with on his own and also the "power-core" tripled bands looked interesting, though I am not a thera-band person myself.

I'll be watching his ebay stuff to see what goes on there. I also have a question......would the forum accept him if he quit copying, or would it start a huge civil war? I know the fellow has done some not-so-discreet copying in the past but if he quits, what then?

In case anyone is thinking I am him, I'm not. My two IP addresses are several thousand miles away from where he is, and I've never even spoken with the man.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
Well now maybe the fellow can run a respectable slingshot business. He did have some that looked to be designs he had come up with on his own and also the "power-core" tripled bands looked interesting, though I am not a thera-band person myself.

I'll be watching his ebay stuff to see what goes on there. I also have a question......would the forum accept him if he quit copying, or would it start a huge civil war? I know the fellow has done some not-so-discreet copying in the past but if he quits, what then?

In case anyone is thinking I am him, I'm not. My two IP addresses are several thousand miles away from where he is, and I've never even spoken with the man.
Because my dealings with him have included taking several cussin's, disseminated lies, threats, as well as the "in your face" copies being sold, I would personally take it as the last straw, and the proverbial slap in the face if they were allowed back here.
Just because he makes a little video where he says he won't copy anymore doesn't mean I think I need to trust him, or kiss and make up just yet. Because of some other altercations and foul dealings I believe this was just a response to the fact he was loosing money on Ebay.uk.

·
Registered
15 Posts
this is what he has written on hes youtube account

actualy mate the 2 cattys in question that i call the mini poacher and the pocket poacher didn't even come with the pinkie hole? and the shape of the fork was slightly different, also perry leaves hes flat in the cup of the catapult were he signs them but mine are rounded, so the only thing in common was the top of the fork shape, the same has hunter catapults "target shooter" and dankungs "owl" & "axe hunter" and the pocket poacher from hogans casting............

·
Resigned
1,142 Posts
Perry I didn't know he had cursed you out, lied, and threatened or I wouldn't have ever suggested anything like I did. I respect you as an honorable man and agree with your analogy of the busker trying to put a few dollars in the hat.

I guess his actions will (and have) spoken louder than words and I agree and understand the way you feel about them.

Perry just keep doing what you're doing; you've endeared yourself to the slingshot community at large, both here and elsewhere and if I was forced to pick (which I'm not, by the way) I'd have you here any day at the drop of a hat. I wasn't insinuating you weren't wronged by them in the least and I hope that you'll be here with us for years to come.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
This is a pointless, futile discussion, and a stirring up of old issues that were long ago dealt with by forum moderators and the owner. They agreed his work constituted copying, his attitude insufferable and so they removed his pictures, and banned him. I for one won't be baited by him or his friends into any more discussion on the matter, and neither should anyone else!!!!

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
Perry I didn't know he had cursed you out, lied, and threatened or I wouldn't have ever suggested anything like I did. I respect you as an honorable man and agree with your analogy of the busker trying to put a few dollars in the hat.

I guess his actions will (and have) spoken louder than words and I agree and understand the way you feel about them.

Perry just keep doing what you're doing; you've endeared yourself to the slingshot community at large, both here and elsewhere and if I was forced to pick (which I'm not, by the way) I'd have you here any day at the drop of a hat. I wasn't insinuating you weren't wronged by them in the least and I hope that you'll be here with us for years to come.
Thanks very much Jmplsnt!!! I appreciate that more than you know!!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.