Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally ordered a daisy F16 slingshot off amazon! w00t! anyone out there got one? please tell me about it! thanks.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I had an F16 for a while. It's not a bad slingshot by any means, but I found the forks too high, putting more stress than necessary on the wrist. The Daisy bands are pretty decent too, but not as nice as Trumark's stuff. I'd suggest trying a set of tapered (red) Trumark bands, as they are lighter pull but faster than the factory Daisy ones. One thing I really did like about the slingshot is that they took the time to finish the ends of the prongs so you don't have to use those little rubber/plastic caps to protect the bands that you see on other steel wireframe slingshots. THe bands slip right over the ends of the prongs just like on the Trumarks. As far as the fork being too tall, you can alleviate that somewhat by finger bracing the slingshot (putting your index finger and thumb directly on the fork prongs), but it's just not super comfy on a wireframe.

·
aka. bunnybuster
1,622 Posts
I have a daisy F-16.
I like it because it shoots pretty well, and the handle has a nice grip.
If you are looking for a lower fork setup, check out the Strike-9 by Barnett. This one has an even nicer handle,
and shoots pretty fast, and accurate. The Barnett has stainless steel forks...very strong.
To me, a short and narrow fork (within reason), will shoot faster and more accurate. The narrow fork will
concentrate more energy to the target. My pocket shooter slingshots are similar to the Strike-9 as far as height and
distance between the forks. Using 1/2 in. rubber flatbands, they will shoot faster than the above.
Even though I make BB slingshots, I have a collection of store bought forks too. I like to compare shootability between them all.
Tom
aka. bunnybuster

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
can someone please make a video about shooting one? i would like to see that-_-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts