Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I just purchased a sling shot. My first one at 42 years old. I went with the Barnett Black Widow because I noticed it had the pistol type grip with the brace and could be folded.

Then I noticed that Daisy bands for the p line were about half the price.

So I'm fairly certain you can but I'm going to ask can you use Daisy bands on a Barnett slingshot?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right on thanks a lot guys I appreciate the warm welcome.

Total Rodger on those Daisy bands will not be purchasing those.

I just picked up my new slingshot today well almost new turns out it was a return.

I have not had a chance to fire yet. I tried to get around to it tomorrow. I do like this slingshot and I'm glad I didn't go with Daisy. Less I remember the cheaper Daisy slingshots had a problem with them separating at the plastic seam.

I may go with one of the slingshots recommended above and return this one ultimately. I also have heard more than once that the flat bands are superior to the round ones.

In either case this new hobby sounds like a whole lot of fun. I just recently got into air rifles too. That is a blast I love cleaning the guns and shooting them.

Part of the maintenance of these hobbies is the joy that I experience not just going out there and firing the actual gun. So I think slingshots are going to be cool to play with as well because I love tying knots and doing things like that. And just generally learning about a new hobby such a slingshot shooting.

I did watch that hour long video that was posted here and it was extremely informative. I always wondered how you aimed with one of these damn things.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also one quick follow up question.

For under 30 dollars better still under 20 u.s. dollars what is the best flat band sling shot with a wrist brace? I heard it's easier with a wrist brace for beginners). am I better off just trying to use the flat bands on the wire frame for the barnnet that I already have? I would prefer something that really secures the bands to the actual slingshot. I have a very irrational fear of them pulling right out when I go to pull back the sling.

I thought there was a slingshot suggestion that one of the other posters made but I don't see it.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Also one quick follow up question.

For under 30 dollars better still under 20 u.s. dollars what is the best flat band slingshot with a wrist brace? I heard it's easier with a wrist brace for beginners). am I better off just trying to use the flat bands on the wire frame for the barnnet that I already have? I would prefer something that really secures the bands to the actual slingshot. I have a very irrational fear of them pulling right out when I go to pull back the sling.

I thought there was a slingshot suggestion that one of the other posters made but I don't see it.
You won't find many slingshots under $20 that will be better than the Barnett. The Pocket Predator mini Tarus comes to mind. I think it is about $20 plus shipping. No wrist brace. A wrist brace is really not needed with modern slingshot elastics. The draw weight is much lighter and ammo speed much faster than the stock tubes that come on these wire frame slingshots. The Barnett is a good slingshot, just get rid of the stock tubes and pouch and put on some decent tubes or flat bands. If you are concerned about the bands coming loose, this can happen on any slingshot. Always wear safety glasses. After installing new bands test the connections by pulling the bands out to the side away from your face.

·
Premium Member
11,933 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Give me a minute and I will see if I have some clamps from Pocket Predator. They work great. If I do I can send them to you. Or if you would rather not give me your address, check pocket Predators website under accessories.

·
Neophyte
2,138 Posts
If you get a regular (non wrist braced) slingshot let me know and I'll send you a lanyard for it. A properly fitted lanyard supports the slingshot and keeps the frame from hitting you should it slip from your grip. :) Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: skarrd and Tag

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you get a regular (non wrist braced) slingshot let me know and I'll send you a lanyard for it. A properly fitted lanyard supports the slingshot and keeps the frame from hitting you should it slip from your grip. :) Welcome to the forum.
Thank you very much my friend. That makes sense to me. Kind of like a rifle strap can be used to help support a rifle. Hmm I may have to do some shopping.

I seem to be paying too much attention to forks in plants too. Can't beat the price of naturals. I do want a nice one with a metal frame. I have a lot more to learn though I'm still not sure which way to hold the slingshot if I should hold it Bart Simpson style or tilted to the right.

·
Premium Member
11,933 Posts
Tips I have learned from the Forum. First of all, stand sideways to the target, with your feet shoulder with apart. By standing sideways to the target, I mean when you raise your hand holding the slingshot it will be pointed at the target. That should make holding the slingshot naturally horizontal to the ground,(gangster style). This is a good place to start.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Tips I have learned from the Forum. First of all, stand sideways to the target, with your feet shoulder with apart. By standing sideways to the target, I mean when you raise your hand holding the slingshot it will be pointed at the target. That should make holding the slingshot naturally horizontal to the ground,(gangster style). This is a good place to start.
Awesome got it then rifle stance with the slingshot horizontal gangster style. I went ahead and ordered some Spaceballs so that I can get started shooting in my basement.

I do have one question about which direction does the slingshot face me. As an example here in this Ott design. it's easier to explain in a pic so is pic 1 right or is pick 2 right?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.