Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people! I was wondering if y'all can post some pics concerning fork hits to solid steel, G10, multiplex, and/or micarta? Those materials are generally considered very durable and I wanted to see what kind of damage they will sustain from a fork hit. I have a G10 slingshot and a few Dankungs so yes, I'm a little worried about what a fork hit could do.....

By the way, I'm not asking you to go and hit one your slingshot LOL, I'm just asking to see if you guys/gals had any photos of previous hits.

· Registered
5,028 Posts
G10 can take a pretty hard hit without showing much, if any, damage. I'm not familiar with the others. I'm sure steel would dent a little probably... I've seen some video a while back of some dude trying to break some micarta and it was strong as hellllll

· Over 9001 Warning Points!
1,953 Posts
Dankungs, being un-heat treated, are pretty impervious to hits. They do ding though.

· Registered
904 Posts
Here is a Stainless Steel, Flipkung I abused one day trying to shoot. holding in my right hand, shooting out the window of a moving vehicle ( it was in very remote area).

The second picture is a Rhododendron fork that went through a bout of "forkhititus". The frame had a CA Glue finish and I was able to repair it with out much notice

Bill

Attachments

· Registered
904 Posts
G10 can take a pretty hard hit without showing much, if any, damage. I'm not familiar with the others. I'm sure steel would dent a little probably... I've seen some video a while back of some dude trying to break some micarta and it was strong as hellllll
FlippinOut has some great videos showing him "testing" different materials. He is shooting the forks on the forks He is shooting ,on purpose. He has such a passion for Slingshots, that His R&D can be radical.

Bill

· Registered
4,536 Posts
These fork hits are from letting my friend's 17 year old son give slingshot shooting a try. He was shooting OTT and hit the top spot enough times that I had to sand it smooth because that dent/damage had sharp splintery edges.

Sorry about the mess in the background and it was hard to get a photo that showed well what the hits look like.

Shelf Wood Pottery Flooring String instrument

Wood Gas Flooring Shelf Engineering

Attachments

· TeamPFS
894 Posts
These fork hits are from letting my friend's 17 year old son give slingshot shooting a try. He was shooting OTT and hit the top spot enough times that I had to sand it smooth because that dent/damage had sharp splintery edges.

Sorry about the mess in the background and it was hard to get a photo that showed well what the hits look like.
Sorry to hijack, but:

WOW THAT's where the magic pouches are made!!!!!

Ok, sorry.

· "Southern Flip Style"
2,443 Posts
OUCH!! Don't ya just hate it when it happens!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.