Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never been on the receiving end of a slingshot thankfully, until now.

My choice of poison is 3/8" steel shot, that I usually shoot into a ammo trap for practice. Well, I got this wild hair up my nose and took aim at one of my trees I was trimming. This tree weeps a whitish fluid when cut or hit. And I wanted to see how deep a dent I could make. I don't know, I think I was 25' away and took aim at a knot in the tree that is about head high. I let it fly and that tree had the last laugh. The steel ball bounced right back at me and laid a wallop on my shin. Before I know it I'm doing the one leg hop dance and testing my Christian mouth not to cuss. It hit right on the shin bone and I could hear the hit in my ears. Dang gum that hurt!

I've shot I don't know how many rounds in my childhood and in my adult life, but this was a first for me.

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
I've had quite a few bounce back at me. When you know it's coming back at you turn and duck.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
I test shoot against an anvil at 5m and the backstop is a steel hot work table. I know it's not smart; it feels like duelling. I can send 5/8" ball bearings hard enough to dent cast iron; when it hits the hardened face or horn it gets interesting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.