Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Prince of Paraprosdokians and Epistemophilia
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been shooting TTF for quite a while now, having tried OTT and not caring for it.

Yesterday I gave OTT another try, and POW!, I'm much more accurate and consistent with it. Darn, so much lost time - and yes, at times I lost my marbles...

Well, it's a good thing that I'm retired, and the LIW (live-in-woman) doesn't bother me (I think I convinced her that I can't hear her - when in reality, when it comes to her, I use selective listening, but even then, not often) - because I'm going to spend my time converting as many of my slingshots (about 34) as possible to OTT.

Who wudda thunk it?

Enjoy!

THWACK!

·
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been shooting TTF for quite a while now, having tried OTT and not caring for it.

Yesterday I gave OTT another try, and POW!, I'm much more accurate and consistent with it. Darn, so much lost time - and yes, at times I lost my marbles...

Well, it's a good thing that I'm retired, and the LIW (live-in-woman) doesn't bother me (I think I convinced her that I can't hear her - when in reality, when it comes to her, I use selective listening, but even then, not often) - because I'm going to spend my time converting as many of my slingshots (about 34) as possible to OTT.

Who wudda thunk it?

Enjoy!

THWACK!
Naw..no conversion..You obviously need 20 more slings. It's the only answer.
But there's no room, no storage, no space, no nada for more slingshots. Need I sell my five ukuleles, four guitars, two violins, dozen or so harmonicas, dozen or so Mora knives, half a dozen pennywhistles/tinwhistles, hundreds of books, things that go "bang", things that don't go bang (blowgun), etc....

...well maybe...

Enjoy!

THWACK!

·
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Always be a TTF man at heart but I shoot ALOT of OTT and would say for general everyday shooting OTT is better. Most pocket sized frames are OTT and it also allows for smooth instinct shooing and aerials which would otherwise be very difficult if not impossible in TTF!
Your Ray Mears quote is along the lines of Henry David Thoreau's - He said something to the effect that one shouldn't "rough it" just for the sake of roughness.

Reactions: Tag and MakoPat
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.