Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
So Many Marbles ------------- So Little Time ;-)
4,384 Posts
At one time 3060 was my go to tube set up, I used to use it with lead that weighed in the 100gr-200gr area as I remember. very sturdy stuff and great for your heavier hunting ammo especially when you want to tubes to last on a multi day excursion.

wll

·
aka CYBORG
2,060 Posts
Thanks for validating the accuracy of single tubes. Your videos and skills are always incredible and enjoyable. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Kalevala

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
At one time 3060 was my go to tube set up, I used to use it with lead that weighed in the 100gr-200gr area as I remember. very sturdy stuff and great for your heavier hunting ammo especially when you want to tubes to last on a multi day excursion.

wll
Lighter draw could be nice, but haven't find any better working single tubes like these.

I may have to try these some day with 12 mm steel.

·
So Many Marbles ------------- So Little Time ;-)
4,384 Posts

wll
Lighter draw could be nice, but haven't find any better working single tubes like these.

I went out and shot using pretty much your set up today but on a smaller wire Chinese frame. I shot 109gr oval lead sinkers and they hit with authority. I shot some 3/8" steel and although a bit light, zipped out into space quickly. I do like the fact that a single beefier tube is very clean looking and is a pretty tough tube when you don't want to change tubes and want something to last.

If a single 3060 should break in the field, a rubber tie or a constrictor knot on a fresh tube set can get you up and running reasonably fast and this works for a Chinese type slings as well as a F-16 wire frame sling and of course with gypsy ties ---- singles are pretty versatile. I almost always have a spare set or two with me. I have used and still use use 2050, 3050, Green Dub and Orange Dub in single configurations also. At one time I was using some heavier stuff, but for all practical purposes it is not needed IMHO.

wll

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

wll

I went out and shot using pretty much your set up today but on a smaller wire Chinese frame. I shot 109gr oval lead sinkers and they hit with authority. I shot some 3/8" steel and although a bit light, zipped out into space quickly. I do like the fact that a single beefier tube is very clean looking and is a pretty tough tube when you don't want to change tubes and want something to last.

If a single 3060 should break in the field, a rubber tie or a constrictor knot on a fresh tube set can get you up and running reasonably fast and this works for a Chinese type slings as well as a F-16 wire frame sling and of course with gypsy ties ---- singles are pretty versatile. I almost always have a spare set or two with me. I have used and still use use 2050, 3050, Green Dub and Orange Dub in single configurations also. At one time I was using some heavier stuff, but for all practical purposes it is not needed IMHO.

wll
It takes time to learn use just enough rubber for chosen ammo size.

With flats that is easier, so many different thickness and tapers.

Perhaps I should try Green or Orange Dub sometime :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts