Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys..

Received a delivery in the post yesterday of a recent purchase from Dankung. It consisted of 10m of 1745, 10m of 1842 and a Black Eagle slingshot. I can't believe how small the package was when it arrived but everything was there

Will post first impressions and pics shortly.

Jay

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are some pics of the package received...

First impressions are that the slingshot is smaller than I imagined. I experimented with a few different hold styles and found that I definitely prefer hammer grip. Fortunately this slingy gives a reasonably secure hammer grip. I'm thinking that some scales later on will make the grip more comfortable. Grip aside though, the first few shots went exactly where I placed them (well the ones that missed the fork anyway). I'm very happy with the accuracy so far and imagine it will improve with practice. The finish of the Black Eagle is done very nicely with the exposed stainless steel polished to a high sheen. The rest of the slingshot appears to be covered in a heatshrink tubing product.

Being a Dankung product to be used with tubes, band attachment was exceptionally easy and performed in approx. 10 seconds lol. Spare band sets should be no problem with the 20m of tubing I ordered and the welding glove I butchered for pouches.

Will post some pics of used targets when I have a chance at a decent session

Cheers

Jay

Attachments

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Very nice SS and supplies, I was considering placing an order for a Dankung SS, how was your experience with the ordering process? I am just a little afraid of ordering something from China as I live in the USA

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My ordering experience was very straight-forward except the online tracking website wouldn't open for me..

Ordering the item was as easy as putting the item into the cart and paying with PayPal (whom I despise!!). Selected the appropriate shipping option and the items arrived about 10 days later

They seem to have a good system but just make sure you give them the right address and contact details.. The same precautions for any online purchase

Jay

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
My ordering experience was very straight-forward except the online tracking website wouldn't open for me..

Ordering the item was as easy as putting the item into the cart and paying with PayPal (whom I despise!!). Selected the appropriate shipping option and the items arrived about 10 days later

They seem to have a good system but just make sure you give them the right address and contact details.. The same precautions for any online purchase

Jay
thanks alot!

·
Super Moderator
10,991 Posts
That slingshot looks like a nice design ... small, which I like!

My experience with Dankung has also been quite positive. My orders have always arrived in a very timely fashion.

Cheers ...... Charles

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think it will become my EDC being strong enough to kick ass and slim enough to pocket easily. I would caution against keeping one in a cargo pocket though as it's heavy enough to hurt your knees if it keeps smacking into them while u walk. Will experiment in time to come to see how it shoots with more loops >:)

Jay

1 - 11 of 11 Posts