Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
High guys just a question for you all ? I have a ergo dancer and I hate it not so much that feels bad in hand but lack of grooves to keep tubes steady . The tubes roll around and drives me crazy I just can not get constant shots . I have a Pom that has grooves and it’s fine to shoot with . So has anyone ever modded a dancer? There’s either 2 things I am going to do file grooves or toss it in lake lol . I have a pile of flat looped tube shooters I like but this frame I do not fancy

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I realize it’s not rocket science to file grooves in it just wondering if anyone done it or am I missing a trick of how to shoot it . Even this one is ok I guess just smaller loop

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'd file it. I've got a couple tube shooters I use for instinctive shooting. The GZK xiao fork S and a foldable job that shoots tubes. Of the two, I prefer the foldable. Idk why they don't make more flat topped metal tube shooters like this. I absolutely love this little frame and it's flatband counterpart

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Maybe try changing the beginning of your draw cycle. Start with the bottom of the handle facing the target. Then start your draw. When you get a few inches of draw you can start to rotate the frame forks into position. The tension on the tubes should hold them in place when you rotate the forks around.

I'm not taking any credit for this idea. It's been posted before and can be seen in videos.

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd file it. I've got a couple tube shooters I use for instinctive shooting. The GZK xiao fork S and a foldable job that shoots tubes. Of the two, I prefer the foldable. Idk why they don't make more flat topped metal tube shooters like this. I absolutely love this little frame and it's flatband counterpart

ya thinking really hard about the file idea . Just frustrated right now 😡 I just went to shop with the x6 and hitting 40 mm spinner not every shot but I don’t usually get every shot with any frame unless it’s a great days 🙄 I seen that fold out one do the arms feel solid I always wondered

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe try changing the beginning of your draw cycle. Start with the bottom of the handle facing the target. Then start your draw. When you get a few inches of draw you can start to rotate the frame forks into position. The tension on the tubes should hold them in place when you rotate the forks around.

I'm not taking any credit for this idea. It's been posted before and can be seen in videos.
Hi fella I watched a few vids and I tried that but just don’t seem to get the tubes sitting in the same spot either left or right fork always ends up none consistent. But I watch a vid of Kalevala cut a card first shot lol . I also see it’s offered with groove . Man in a bind either try some more or the mod 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know this sling shot is most likely an accident waiting to happen but it’s just a bb shooter . But I really like the tube attachment and the aiming idea to bad it’s a pot metal cast frame ☹ But I like to use the idea on a homemade frame

·
Ray Rowden
2,450 Posts
Heck, break out the file!
Or, cinch some 1842 or 1745 singles on that Dancer. Mount the singles to the frame like you would tie them to a pouch: pull a little tension and tie them tight to the rod.

·
Mojave Mo
4,833 Posts
I think your reality is real! I have owned the Antelope which I think is a Dancer with grooves and a sighting notch. That frame was a killer for me. I gave it away and got a Dancer which I gave away because I couldn't find my zone. You are a metal-guy right? Break out the machines and grind a custom groove into it!

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
that pirate sling is adorkable,lol,i would go with careful filing,like the blue one you have pictured,oh and if you figure out a way to make that pirate sling in a stronger form i'm in for one :)
Ya the pirate 🏴‍☠️ frame has a cool attachment system and looks cool but as far as it goes . Cuts into hand even with a light set up . I have a plan for it make a shop decoration with it screw him to a nice piece wood hang him up . DK has a similar attachment system with the king of aiming frame but it’s pretty dear to buy .

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Heck, break out the file!
Or, cinch some 1842 or 1745 singles on that Dancer. Mount the singles to the frame like you would tie them to a pouch: pull a little tension and tie them tight to the rod.
Ya know a single leg on the frame not a bad idea 😁 but think your right bust out the file I think it help all way round . I would still be able to use plugs and be better for looped or single tubes

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think your reality is real! I have owned the Antelope which I think is a Dancer with grooves and a sighting notch. That frame was a killer for me. I gave it away and got a Dancer which I gave away because I couldn't find my zone. You are a metal-guy right? Break out the machines and grind a custom groove into it!
Ya the ring shooters are a different breed of frame 😳 I had got the X6 first and it works ok than I got the dancer and it’s bin an frustrating frame . I got my mind set the files are coming out only thing I have to protect the wrap I don’t want get full dirty old metal dust

·
See The Target
21,436 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I'm not much of a tubes user, but when I do rarely shoot with them, I initially pull back the pouch placed almost vertically above the fork tips to ensure that the looped tubes are centered on the fork loops, and then pull back the pouch fully in the sideways stance towards my cheekbone-based anchor point This method works well for me, and I don't really see the need for filed notches that may in fact weaken the steel at the fork loops.

My homemade tube shooter made of 8 mm stainless steel rod:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts