Slingshots Forum banner

Dankung ergonomic dancer problem

2K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  Alfred E.M. 
#1 ·
High guys just a question for you all ? I have a ergo dancer and I hate it not so much that feels bad in hand but lack of grooves to keep tubes steady . The tubes roll around and drives me crazy I just can not get constant shots . I have a Pom that has grooves and it’s fine to shoot with . So has anyone ever modded a dancer? There’s either 2 things I am going to do file grooves or toss it in lake lol . I have a pile of flat looped tube shooters I like but this frame I do not fancy

See less See more
#5 ·
ya thinking really hard about the file idea . Just frustrated right now 😡 I just went to shop with the x6 and hitting 40 mm spinner not every shot but I don’t usually get every shot with any frame unless it’s a great days 🙄 I seen that fold out one do the arms feel solid I always wondered

#4 ·
Maybe try changing the beginning of your draw cycle. Start with the bottom of the handle facing the target. Then start your draw. When you get a few inches of draw you can start to rotate the frame forks into position. The tension on the tubes should hold them in place when you rotate the forks around.

I'm not taking any credit for this idea. It's been posted before and can be seen in videos.

#6 ·
Hi fella I watched a few vids and I tried that but just don’t seem to get the tubes sitting in the same spot either left or right fork always ends up none consistent. But I watch a vid of Kalevala cut a card first shot lol . I also see it’s offered with groove . Man in a bind either try some more or the mod 🤷‍♂️

#14 ·
Ya the pirate 🏴‍☠️ frame has a cool attachment system and looks cool but as far as it goes . Cuts into hand even with a light set up . I have a plan for it make a shop decoration with it screw him to a nice piece wood hang him up . DK has a similar attachment system with the king of aiming frame but it’s pretty dear to buy .

#19 ·
I'm not much of a tubes user, but when I do rarely shoot with them, I initially pull back the pouch placed almost vertically above the fork tips to ensure that the looped tubes are centered on the fork loops, and then pull back the pouch fully in the sideways stance towards my cheekbone-based anchor point This method works well for me, and I don't really see the need for filed notches that may in fact weaken the steel at the fork loops.

My homemade tube shooter made of 8 mm stainless steel rod:

Attachments

#21 ·
Wow that’s a nice frame you bent yourself how you get it so precise nice work ! The dancer is 8mm cold bent as well. I give it another go before I do anything drastic to the forks . But I just planned on light grooves not going to deep I really don’t see it taking away from the structure. They sell them with grooves and sell the mini fox with grooves and it even looks a smaller wire . If it ever stops raining I put some smaller tubes on it see I can figure it out .
I read the reviews and guys seem to really like them so maybe I just need to get my draw sorted out a little better . Thanks for your help fella 🤘🏻

#23 · (Edited)
When tube locating grooves first debuted, I was shooting the original General II 90% of the time (no grooves). I debated whether to grind them in but actually, the pre-centering stretch worked well for me, so I didn't attempt any mods. Soon there were several models with grooves and I bought quite a few over time. However I can't say enough good about the latest model in the evolution - it's called a '360 groove Antelope' cold bent out of 9mm stainless rod ... what a pistol ... my absolute favorite in my entire collection.

Attachments

#25 ·
That’s a cool frame I like it 👍 I got a mini fox coming with grooves should be here couple weeks 🤭 wife doesn’t know about that one . I always wanted a mini ring but not one from eBay I want a DK .
I had 2040 gzk on the dancer so I took them off and put 1632 simple shot on it and just messing around with it . I think maybe 2040 was a little big for getting the hang of it . I see how tomorrow goes it rained cats dogs all day.

#28 · (Edited)
Hey PB, here's an Antelope model with grooves you may want to try. I use to buy these from a different vendor but they went off the market for almost a year. They're made of nylon with a rubber covering, surely unbreakable and don't flex, similar to a Nylabone dog chew. This time around they come in 3 colors - I ordered 3 in white last month. If they were much cheaper, they'd be free. Only downside is they take a while to arrive, but it's not like you're tying up a lot of money. After this order arrives, I'll order another batch cuz they're fun to give away. :D

Reactions: skarrd
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.