Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hello everyone! I have a little problem with one of my slingshots..... I had recently ordered a Dankung Cougar of of Dankung.com based on the many positive reviews for it. It shoots great and feels great in the hand. It's definitely stainless steel and very solid. However, I am into genuine slingshots and to me, mine seems a little off from the original Cougar. Here's a quick description followed by pictures: my Cougar has ''Dankung.com'' and ''Jorg Sprave Special Edition'' engraved on its sides, like it's supposed to. BUT, there is a strange box that surrounds the engraving. Every other Dankung Cougar I have seen (look it up on Google Images and on Dankung.com) does not have the rectangle. All the other ones I have seen are one smooth surface with the engraving on it. Is mine a fake (although stainless steel) or is it just a little something that Dankung decided to change on it? I have ordered from Dankung without any problems before. I know some of you might say I'm over reacting but I like to know that mine is the real deal.

Oh, and the pictures:
FILE334.JPG FILE330.JPG

Attachments

·
"Mighty Can Smiter"
4,302 Posts
All I know is if you ordered from Dankung.com then it isn't a fake... it's when you order from elsewhere (like ebay) where one could possiblely question it..

LGD

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Dankung in itself does not produce anything, they are a distributer of slingshots made in various factories through out china, this
maybe a case of two different factories being contracted to make the same slingshot and it's just something one does that the other didn't. If you ordered it from Dankung it's a Dankung slingshot,

·
~Pouch Maker~
15,472 Posts
Yep, I contacted Dankung too... this is their reply

"Please tell them that we have changed the mould at the end of 2011 for better and clearer engraved words. So all 'Cougars' since December of 2011 are like that, deeper words in the rectangle"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts