Slingshots Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now!  ENDING SOON

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im going to purchase a dankung slingshot but it says on the websight "NOTE: The start shipping fee is $16 for THREE items. Therefor you will be charged $16 when you order one,two or three items"
as it only says it on some of their products i am vey confused what does this meen any help will be greastly appreciated,
Thanks,
Powelly

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,434 Posts
Hi im going to purchase a dankung slingshot but it says on the websight "NOTE: The start shipping fee is $16 for THREE items. Therefor you will be charged $16 when you order one,two or three items"
as it only says it on some of their products i am vey confused what does this meen any help will be greastly appreciated,
Thanks,
Powelly
It means the shipping is $16. If you bought 4 it would be higher.

·
Philly
2,576 Posts
Texas supply, cheaper. Not sure of the company, name, may be truly Texas. Good service.
Philly

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I live in the uk also one slingshot will cost $16.00 dollars shipping if you buy up to three items the shipping cost will still be $16.00 dollars,if you purchase more than three items then it will cost you more.some items have free shipping it depends on what you buy.

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,414 Posts
Texas supply, cheaper. Not sure of the company, name, may be truly Texas. Good service.
Philly
It's Truly Texas (http://www.trulytexa...lingshots.html) If you live in the US, they deliver very fast. My Jungle Hunter took 3 days to get to Miami. Their prices are higher, but shipping is free.

Henry
[/quote]
Buddy he's from England, Dankung's prices are quite low so the shipping is acceptable I think, I mean at the end of the day it's only £10.36 to have your package flown over 4000 miles! Just take advantage of their prices and buy two other items!

·
1,414 Posts
Oh and don't forget that Customs will intercept your package and charge you VAT and a 'handling fee' if the pre-VAT value is over £18, the seller shouldn't include the price of the shipping in the value of the product, but other sellers have accidentally done that for me before... which is always a bummer.

·
Super Moderator
5,250 Posts
Philly
It's Truly Texas (http://www.trulytexa...lingshots.html) If you live in the US, they deliver very fast. My Jungle Hunter took 3 days to get to Miami. Their prices are higher, but shipping is free.

Henry
[/quote]
Buddy he's from England, Dankung's prices are quite low so the shipping is acceptable I think, I mean at the end of the day it's only £10.36 to have your package flown over 4000 miles! Just take advantage of their prices and buy two other items!

[/quote]
Yeah, I got that Sam, but since Truly Texas was mentioned, and a lot of folks here are from the Colonies, I thought they might appreciate the link. I really, truly feel sorry for you guys in Europe (and England), where common sense about weapons has mostly disappeared.

Henry

·
1,414 Posts
Philly

Henry
[/quote]

[/quote]
Yeah, I got that Sam, but since Truly Texas was mentioned, and a lot of folks here are from the Colonies, I thought they might appreciate the link. I really, truly feel sorry for you guys in Europe (and England), where common sense about weapons has mostly disappeared.

Henry
[/quote]
Oh yeah,
it's **** here
: I've been working hard, paying National Insurance and Income Tax, since my 16th birthday. I've never been convicted of a criminal offence, have no criminal records to my name and have never even been stopped and searched by a Police Officer (a procedure routinely carried out by Police on innocent citizens.) Yet I cannot buy so much as a swiss army knife! Or an airsoft-gun (which now have to have 51% painted in a fluorescent colour, unless you're a member of an airsoft military re-enactment group - the same restrictions have not been implied on air-pistols however!
)

Innocent items intended for vulnerable civilians to defend themselves against the myriad of criminals who patrol our streets such as: pepper spray and tasers constitute Section 5 Firearms which merely possessing can get you 10 years in a cell - although from what I've seen in documentaries our prisons are actually pretty cushy: inmates get a TV in their cell, three meals a day, pocket money for things like cigarettes and sweets, access to a fully equipped gym and education programmes - I don't even have half of those things and I'm an honest citizen!
. When I was 16 I paid £250 to go on a two week course to qualify as a Pool Lifeguard, one of my peers on this course was a 25 year old former convict, who was doing this course as part of his parole - he confided to me and several other members of the group that he had convicted a violent crime, he didn't have to pay a single penny for the course that literally emptied my bank account!
But wait it gets better, on the last day when we were due to be tested, he failed to even show up
- completely wasting the £250 that had been invested in him!

Only last week my younger brother and three of his friends were mugged for their phones, my brother received his as a Christmas present from my mother, who is currently still paying £15 a month for it on a 24 month contract
. The Police are impotent and entirely incompetent - you call them after something like this happens and they won't even bother to look for the perpetrators.

There have been many cases recently in the media where people have had their houses invaded by habitual criminals, the victims have rightly defended their property and have actually been successfully sued by the bloody felons!

Firearms certificates (which also apply to air rifles with muzzle energies exceeding 12ft/lb) are all but impossible to obtain and the process of even acquiring one for something like a single shot .22LR involves an unbelievable amount of bureaucracy! Since 1937 applying for any kind of firearm for defending your home has been completely illegal - it should be added that all of these precautions clearly don't work as a psychopath called Derrick Bird recently went on a rampage arbitrarily ending the lives of 12 innocent people and seriously injuring many more, with a legally owned rifle and shotgun, before doing the world a favour and turning the gun on himself.

As for pistols they are completely illegal, even air pistols with muzzle velocities exceeding 6ft/lb are illegal and our own pistol shooting Olympic team are forced to train outside of the county they're supposed to be representing! However handguns can't be hard to obtain as they are being used in gangland execution literally ever week...

I'm emigrating to the US the very second I'm qualified in a profession, I'm currently considering becoming a clinical psychologist and am starting college next Tuesday...

Finally some words of wisdom:
‎"False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."

·
Registered
328 Posts
Thanks,
Powelly
There are TWO different ways you can pay their shipping. The FIRST way is as you describe above, pay $16 for three items. These will supposedly reach you in about a week. I have not used this method of shipping, I've always used the second option, described in the next paragraph.

The SECOND way is to pay per-item shipping. They charge $2.85 per item. So if you buy one thing, you pay $2.85 shipping. If you buy two things, you pay $5.70. Etc. Paying via this cheaper shipping method results in about a two week delivery time (to the USA). So it takes longer to get to you, but it's cheaper. This cheaper shipping option comes via registered mail. Meaning that you will have to sign for the package when the postman delivers it to your door (at least in the USA that's the way it is - I don't know about other countries and "registered mail").

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,147 Posts
Another thing: any sellers from other countries should never identify their packages to U.S.A. with the word "slingshot" on it. As there are certain states in which slingshots are illegal, period. Just label it "Child's toy" or "wooden sculpture" or something.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.