Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone other tried this already ?

I think I have now found my new favorite 1 mm thick flatband.

Today I was shooting 8 mm steel from 21,5 m and target was steel can. Wall thickness 0,25 mm and bands tapered 15-10 mm.

First hit to the left side of the can and it went trough. Not happened before with 8 mm ammo.

I think, I will not add video to my channel, because action camera was not recording.

Someone forgot push the record button.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think this Dankung Professional 1 mm is filling my expectations when talking about 1 mm thick bands.

But You have to remember, that I normally use these 1 mm thick with taper 15-10 mm and with 8 mm, 9,5 mm, 9,75 mm & 10 mm steel ammo.

This Professional is first band material, that has enough power to penetrate 0,25 mm steel can with 8 mm steel ammo. So far with other 1 mm thick bands I can

make steel can bleed but 8 mm bounces off.

GZK Black is (and orange too) awesome, but I like more 0,72 thickness than 1 mm.

Only couple shots with Sheshou Guru bands so I don't have any opinion yet.

·
Prospect
156 Posts
heya! Im shooting alot with gzk 0.72 and 1mm, and at around 10m and i shoot straight through a not open can with beans, with 9.5mm steel

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
heya! Im shooting alot with gzk 0.72 and 1mm, and at around 10m and i shoot straight through a not open can with beans, with 9.5mm steel
You should double the distance and try same with opened water filled can & 8 mm steel.

Unopened can is inflexible so penetration is easier. Difference betwen empty vs. water filled is also big.

9,5 mm ammo is 3,5 grams and 8 mm is 2,1 grams.

It wall thickness of that bean can is thinner than 0,25 mm, that is a big difference too B)

·
Registered
1,268 Posts

Today I was shooting 8 mm steel from 21,5 m and target was steel can. Wall thickness 0,25 mm and bands tapered 15-10 mm.

First hit to the left side of the can and it went trough. Not happened before with 8 mm ammo.

I think, I will not add video to my channel, because action camera was not recording.

Wow...that's impressive with a 15-10 taper! Are you getting any hand slaps?

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Wow...that's impressive with a 15-10 taper! Are you getting any hand slaps?
I was using these bands at first with LBS and get some really nice hand slaps.

When I made a video (second time, not yet published) I was using TTF frame without hand slaps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts