Slingshots Forum banner

Dankung Tube Sizes Explained

113K views 112 replies 58 participants last post by  Ubamajuba 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
An updated version along with PDF download can be found

HERE

or

HERE

Here is a chart to help you quickly see the difference between the various tube sizes available from Dankung.

Cross section area is directly related to draw strength.

Font Circle Technology Display device Event

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Wow this is great. Perfect timing too. Ive been looking for Dankung tubes the past couple of days, but not sure which I was wanting.

Turns out Im wanting 5080's. e-bay has them for 4 $ a foot after shipping. China isnt taking payment from this region. U.S. ? None of the vendors here on the forum seems to have them.

Any ideas where I can buy some?

#12 ·
I would add that a larger cross-section makes for a heavier draw but not necessarily a faster band. Fatter tubes are better for large ammo but more layers of thinner tube will be faster. For example I would almost guarentee that 4-strand (one loop per side) 1842 is faster than 2-strand (one tube per side) 3060 even though the total amount of rubber is comperable.
It's all about matching bands to ammo.
8-strand 2040 (two loops per side) is the bomb, though

#18 ·
Ditto!

Reactions: Larry Bourgeois
#24 ·
Yes they are the 'most powerful' from Dankung, however this does not necessarily mean they are the fastest for any given size and weight of ammo.

Matching the right bands to your ammo is they key to achieving maximum performance.

Personally I would only consider 5080's if I was shooting BIG ammo.

Double 2040's and single 1745's are my preferred tubes for my favourite 9.5mm steel ammo. Double 1745's are awesome for 12mm lead.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.