Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have questions for those of you who now own a dankung or two and how would you compare that to what you normally shoot? Does it improve you as a shooter? Does it give you more power estimating that you are using the same weight of band size and length? Are you more accurate? And lastly would you choose a dankung over your typical slingshot?
I do not own a dankung and was just wondering of your personal opinions.

-foreigner

·
Super Moderator
6,637 Posts
I have 2, a traditional "pretzel" type and a small wrist brace. They are fun but I like my regular frames a lot more. They make a good product with a lot of very fine designs. Flatband

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Im thinking of sending for this one, i like the design of this one, i tend to hold the forks high but i think thats cos i use strong elastic, so this one would suit me, and im going to order a load of elastic at the same time, but i do prefer natural over the likes of barnett and all the wire type slingshots, jeff

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
I have questions for those of you who now own a dankung or two and how would you compare that to what you normally shoot? Does it improve you as a shooter? Does it give you more power estimating that you are using the same weight of band size and length? Are you more accurate? And lastly would you choose a dankung over your typical slingshot?

-foreigner
My Dankungs are small but heavier than wood slingshots. I had to adjust to the weight. According to the Chinease shooters you must follow through with Flip at the end of the release moment. I just cant incorporate this move so I gave up on the move because it feels un-natural for me. I like my Dankungs because they dont break and I sucessfully use flat bands which I find so much better for me than the tube type. Stainless steel are precision made if you get a Dankung you might consider the Titanium which is lighter than the SS. They will last forever too. Wood eventually fails. The only wood slingshot that has not gotten broken yet is my Bamboo slingshot. The wood ones that I have purchased have a fork broke, it is my fault for droping or hitting the fork with a 1/2 inch steel ball or an oversized marble and I love to shoot those hex head nuts. But the Stainless Steel Slingshots can take a licking and they dont break, at least not the Dankungs. My next Dankung will be a Titanium and I will send them the design and specifications. A stainless flat band shooter.

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts

-foreigner
I meant to tell you that the Dankungs are very compact mine measures 3 inches overall outside forks and 4 1/2 inches overall in length and 1/4 inch thickness so they fit nicely in your pocket or in my case nicely along side my cell phone in my cell phone case. So im always ready to whip out my tool for some action. Oh, and they might not make you shoot any better right away. You must work with it. I do not aim so I did not get one with the usless colinator. However I can consitantly hit a dog food can at 50 feet. But this is with any of my slingshots. More than anything for me is the Bands with the pouch but esspecially the bands. I find the Saunders type of bands to be long lasting and more consitant. Also a weaker band might mean more control and placement of the shot to the target. It made the difference for my number of hits. I use to think I had to kill everything I hit. Take a little time, have a little fun, and shoot all you can.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Dankungs are fun, but they do require a different style of shooting. Anything with flatbands is gonna be more powerful. That debate while kicking, is long settled.

I have 4 at the moment. They are fun. I shoot my bigger ones exclusively because they fit my hand better. Try em they are fun, and it's different. Mine are growing on me..

To piggyback on dgui; my next dankung is also custom measured as well.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
I prefer slingshote of my own design or even a saunders Hawk. Yes and I do have one of the china designs. I just don't care for them. Tex

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts

-foreigner
Just one more thing about the Dankung. To avoid the nasty hand slapp you must develope the Flip Style of shooting.

·
Registered
803 Posts
When I first got my Dankung General, was not sure I had done a good thing, so I practiced, and worked on the flip shooting, and practised, now I carry it in my jacket pocket almost all time, mainly cause it's small and shoots good, I actually shoot it more than any of my others anymore, I like it- More than the others ???? Nahhh, I like all of them

It seems to be about the same FPS as my other stuff, but speed don't matter if you don't hit what your'e aiming at

-foreigner
Just one more thing about the Dankung. To avoid the nasty hand slapp you must develope the Flip Style of shooting.
[/quote]

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have benen shoting natural fork wood for half life, and marksman type with no wrist brace for the other half. Now I am tryng dankungs (have 3,one self made, and one on the way). Wat I like more is the compact size wich make really pocketable and concealables, and the possybility oh changing the rubbers on the fly dependink on wich kind of shoot you are willing. This I believe is a real must. But I also don't feel they are more accurate than traditional catty, may be the the reverse.This due to the dimesnions that will amplifie any error. So Dank request grater skill. But If you compare them to a milbro wich is about same dimensions you will find that the loop system is better than fix.
my two cents

·
Registered
803 Posts
That's basiclly what I am thinking, the small size, and being to quickly change bands if need be, by practicing with it quite a bit it seems to have improved my accuracy with my other shooters, and I have been shooting slingshots for over 60 years, I really like the smaller size

I have benen shoting natural fork wood for half life, and marksman type with no wrist brace for the other half. Now I am tryng dankungs (have 3,one self made, and one on the way). Wat I like more is the compact size wich make really pocketable and concealables, and the possybility oh changing the rubbers on the fly dependink on wich kind of shoot you are willing. This I believe is a real must. But I also don't feel they are more accurate than traditional catty, may be the the reverse.This due to the dimesnions that will amplifie any error. So Dank request grater skill. But If you compare them to a milbro wich is about same dimensions you will find that the loop system is better than fix.
my two cents

·
Registered
199 Posts
I like them as well.
A huge fan of the natural fork and slowly coming round to the board-cut, these dankungs are nice!

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
As you know, I love steel slingshots. I enjoy the sturdiness, the look and feel of them. A stainless steel slingshot will simply last forever.

Most Dankungs are too small for my hands, plus I prefer thicker paracord than they usually use, and of course flatbands are way better than tubes.

I do not think it is necessary to shoot them flip style. The flip style is a common technique to avoid hand slaps, and it works much the same on all regular forks I have shot so far. But if you balance the band dimension and the ammo weight, hand slaps are altogether avoidable even without the flip style.

Jim from Dankung just emailed me, he says mass production of the slingshot I have designed for them has started and the product will soon be available. They even engraved my name! I can't wait for the first production sample. I have seen wax units (they test the steel moulding tools with wax first), and those look sweeet.

Interesting, Jim says that it is hard to find workers in China now! Their economy is booming, obviously.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you all for replying to this topic. It was very helpful. I would have to conclude just as with my experience with slingshots that whether your type of slingshot is shoot over the top, shoot through the forks, or perhaps wrist brace and so many other variations it really comes down to personal preference and of course practice, practice, and practice and more practice.

I thank you all and hope others found this topic helpful.

-foreigner

p.s. Good luck JoergS!

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
p.s. Good luck JoergS!
Thanks for the kind words, but of course I have no financial interest in this. Dankung will need luck in selling them! I hope my design works out for Dankung, a great company. I just wanted to contribute, and I am proud that they like my design so much that they have heavily invested in a mass production.

Jörg

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Thanks for the kind words, but of course I have no financial interest in this. Dankung will need luck in selling them! I hope my design works out for Dankung, a great company. I just wanted to contribute, and I am proud that they like my design so much that they have heavily invested in a mass production.

Jörg
Jorg, was wondering if you had any pics of your design. Sorry to ask but I'm stuck using my cell till I have power again and it's difficult to search.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I do have pics, but Dankung wants me to keep the design secret until the product is available. Have some patience, it will be out soon.

G

·
Im thinking of sending for this one, i like the design of this one, i tend to hold the forks high but i think thats cos i use strong elastic, so this one would suit me, and im going to order a load of elastic at the same time, but i do prefer natural over the likes of barnett and all the wire type slingshots, jeff

normally

this style is for 1 tube for each side,4 pieces cause too hard vibration,need wrist-brace.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts

normally

this style is for 1 tube for each side,4 pieces cause too hard vibration,need wrist-brace.
[/quote]

Cheers Danny, I am going to buy one but dont know which one, i dont buy catapult (slingshots) that often but i do like these ones, jeff

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.