Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently picked up an X6 slingshot from eBay, for $12 it looks a lot like the Dankung X6 Shining Edition, except it's all chrome instead of multicolored. Looking at the dankung website images it even came in the same exact box theirs comes in. So at first I thought I was getting a knock off, but I'm reality I think I just got a different model from the same manufacturer.

Link to the one I got

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304-stainless-steel-Casting-Powerful-Hunting-Outdoor-Slingshot-Catapult-Rubber-/273932765700?txnId=2188789710017

Link to dankung version

https://www.dankung.com/Gcontent/x6-shining-edition_1305

Sorry if this is in the wrong category. I'm new here this is my first post.

Anyways what are you're guys thoughts on the one I got off eBay?

·
aka CYBORG
1,940 Posts
Looks like a nice frame. Are you planning to wrap it?
GP
I wrapped it with the wrap it came with already, also getting the rubber sleeves on it was a huge pain in the...looks good and feels good so far, band draw length seems a little short. I'll try to post an image later when I get home
Thanks for posting, I've been looking for that. I have 2 of the POM versions which are great, but a fully polished stainless version at a reasonable price has been hard to find lately.

Most tube shooters from the orient arrive with a ridiculously short full looped tube set - they can usually be converted to a decent set of singles that still have plenty of power, or make up your own.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for responding. I’m new to these types of slingshots but did a bit of research before buying some “junk” made out of zinc, I just ordered some 2040 tube and some pouches to make my own bands. Probably try a pseudo tapered band. They are coming on the slow boat from China so I’ll have to wait till next month to experiment. I can say that the quality of it is top notch. After doing a bit more research they are made by a company named Herper? And that’s whole dankung gets them from as well. There’s a post on this form from like 2015 of some people talking about this exact frame.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh that’s nice! I’m still waiting for my tube to make up some band sets. Is that how it came with the red sleeves? Mine came with black, both look slick in my opinion. Right on! Have fun shooting it!

·
aka CYBORG
1,940 Posts
Thank you. I have both red and black sleeves in my parts department (ordered from DK). Not only attractive but they provide plenty of necessary traction. This thing is a brute. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The seller stated that it is 14.6cm long by 10cm wide.
14cm seemed too long so I did not buy it.
Well I guess if you're looking for a really small one this isn't it, although I wouldn't say it's large either, I have small hands and it seems to be just right for me and my son. If I were you I'd reconsider, for the price I really don't think you're going to be unhappy with it, but to each their own.

·
aka CYBORG
1,940 Posts
Re-measuring, my X6 is definitely 120 - 121mm long ... 146 might be a typo or they've switched to a different model ... you can always easily return it if it's unsatisfactory.

Mine is incredibly accurate I haven't shot long distance for awhile, but last night on a walk in dim 10pm light, I nailed a T-pole first shot from about 120 feet with 3/8 and the X6. It hit so square and solid, it made a very loud noise ... had to put it away and start steppin' lest I was discovered - made my day.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.