Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I used to fool around with fletchettes and found that as long as you had something for air resistance, you could use most anything for a fletching. I found that lengths of gutted paracord worked best. The trick with fletchettes is to load them point up and fletching down in the pouch. I made them from masonry nails and used a band set similar to what I use for 3/8 steel shot. Another option is a pana dart - lots of youtube videos on this method. Also, if you look on eBay, there are darts designed for fishing that are similar to pana darts. That is, the pointed end has a small hook to attach to a string (like a slingbow set up) instead of a pouch.

Have fun experimenting with this and watch those RTS shots!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used to fool around with fletchettes and found that as long as you had something for air resistance, you could use most anything for a fletching. I found that lengths of gutted paracord worked best. The trick with fletchettes is to load them point up and fletching down in the pouch. I made them from masonry nails and used a band set similar to what I use for 3/8 steel shot. Another option is a pana dart - lots of youtube videos on this method. Also, if you look on eBay, there are darts designed for fishing that are similar to pana darts. That is, the pointed end has a small hook to attach to a string (like a slingbow set up) instead of a pouch.

Much thanks, Blue.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I'm paying a pro to make me some, so that I have something to copy off of before I try to make my own. I really don't want to mess this one up lol
Thanks, Nicholson. Very cool. Post pics for us when completed.
Gesture Trigger Wood Finger Thumb
Cameras & optics Wood Camera Urban design Video camera

I turned the A+ slingshot Kit Fox into a dart shooter. The darts go hella fast. These darts are made out of a nail, using probably broom bristles as fletching that are attached to the nail with a rubber band and black tape. These things sure can penetrate. I think I'm going to find some bigger nails since I'm going to try catch salmon with them in the fall

Attachments

·
Registered
992 Posts

What do you mean watch those RTS, will I die? Because these things fly super fast. Also, is there a way to avoid RTS?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts

What do you mean watch those RTS, will I die? Because these things fly super fast. Also, is there a way to avoid RTS?
I doubt that you will die - just get a nasty cut or worse a dart that will have to be removed by a medical doctor. I will leave it to more experience sling-shooters to explain how to avoid RTS. Stay safe.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.