Slingshots Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now!  ENDING SOON

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at alternatives to darts shooting gloves for use with the excellent Snipersling darts (and my own copies thereof).
I use a Leatherman Rebar as my slingshot and I had previously 3D printed some rounded grips for the handles, to improve comfort when using heavy bands. I had the idea to add a darts protection shield to the lower grip.
TinkerCAD to the rescue and this is the shape, the guard mount is the sticking up block which is set 15 degrees off vertical to account for the open handle angle and the metal shield is angled 37 degrees back to cover the hand.
It works brilliantly and has the added bonus that I can choke my grip up behind the guard and this has instantly doubled my accuracy - obviously I was inconsistently flipping the frame before.
This PLA+ filament is amazingly strong and not at all brittle, which is where some 3D printed parts fall down.
BTW - this means I'm selling some SniperSling Dragonscale gloves - have a look in the sales section and ebay.co.uk
Green Rectangle Creative arts Art Material property

Chainsaw Font Audio equipment Eyewear Gas

Calipers Toy Revolver Finger Thumb

Light Material property Everyday carry Composite material Rectangle

·
Registered
12 Posts
i made a starship out of aluminium box, and i have a 300mm x100mm x 3mm guard pop riveted to the side of the box section all neat and tidy. sorry i cant post photos but those darts are to dangerous to be complacent with. and you want to be confident in taking the shot, not having in the back of your mind you could end up with a life changing hand injury. got enough of them lol.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts