Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I decided to do a natural (It's been awhile) so I grabbed an oak fork and started carving....this is what I came up with.
I decided not to go with band grooves or lanyard hole with this one for some reason...but I like it this way

finished it with 3 coats of blo...

I think this one is going to one of the elders that's been taking interest...he walks around the Rez daily for exercise, and always stops in when I'm outside shooting....

MW
545e22994ef6f5158a00d10a6aecb96a.jpg
8923f09f6a23daaa11fccdaa46dff21a.jpg
ff817cbdc51e04351d31e15656c68e08.jpg
70dbaf57419a9a89a734e5b379fa365b.jpg
0d6c8f632a9754b703b8af439b1c55c3.jpg

Sent from my B3-A40 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a beauty!!
Thanks bro!
I wasn't sure on the "leaving out the band grooves and lanyard hole" thing, but I think I made the right decision. It might not be as safe..but it looks cleaner

·
Super Moderator
6,537 Posts
I'm not a natural fork fan but sometimes something comes along and you just have to say WOW. Awesome frame, awesome spalting, great finish-you hit the ceiling on this one MW. Beautiful!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats an awesome natty.
Thanks Matt...glad you like it my friend :)
Well done and i nice piece of wood.
Oak is my favourite wood for cattys.
Thanks mann...it's the 3rd oak natty I've made. Many more to come though :)
Thx!
I love it!
Glad to hear this... Especially coming from you...I'm a huge fan of your work ..thanks Sir
One of the nicest naturals I've ever seen.
Thank you very much. The huge confidence boost is much appreciated. It makes me push harder to come up with something nicer on the next build...and it DEFINITELY made my day to hear this!
Thank you for your kind words!!! (One of the best compliments ever received)
You did good buddy! That's a beaut
Thanks Joe...your opinion is always highly valued, my friend (but I'm sure that goes without saying at this point)
good looking frame bud !
Thanks PB!!! :)
I'm not a natural fork fan but sometimes something comes along and you just have to say WOW. Awesome frame, awesome spalting, great finish-you hit the ceiling on this one MW. Beautiful!
Thanks Sir....this has to be the best positive feedback I've ever received...it makes all the blisters completely worth it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts