Slingshots Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now!  ENDING SOON

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a coupon in the paper today from michaels for 50% off. I went over there and got a 10# box of natural clay.
I have been making clay balls to shoot for about 3 mounts and they are lots of fun to shoot.
By the way they will kill a dove. Good shooting.
Longbow.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I use , and i think most others use what is called air dry clay, at wal mart a 2 1/2 pound tub is around 6 bucks made by crayola, in the craft dept, will make 200 or so depends on whatever size you pinch off and ball up

I have been dying to try clay ammo. What kind of clay do I buy?

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
The stuff I use is regular earthenware clay that I use for pottery. It's cheap and dissolves straight back into mud if you don't fire it.

Air drying clay contains filaments for strength.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I thought about trying clay once, but then I realized that clay would not give me anything better than Gobstoppers candy, IMHO. They both are lightweight bio-degradeable ammo. And you can get Gobstoppers for 79 cents per hundred "rounds" (if on sale) in grocery stores. Normal price is about 99 cents. You don't have to form the Gobstoppers yourself, and you can eat them between shots. They work very well for me using lightweight bands.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.