Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was digging through my antler shed collection recently and saw this little flip waiting to come out. Took about 15 minutes total to complete. Shoots well flip style, fits in the pocket easy, resistant to fork hits. Good shooter but definitely requires a little more attention to technique than a larger shooter.

Attachments

·
Resigned
1,142 Posts
I was just about to say that brought dgui to mind but DH beat me to it. Yes, antler slides easily into the pocket and is so incredibly strong!

I am well along with an antler slingshot of my own and will be posting it in the next few days if all works according to plan.

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,147 Posts
I am currently starting to make myself a crook knife with an antler handle, but I have never used antler before and feel a little daunted. Anybody got any advise? How about a post in the Off-Topic section for me.

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I treat it like a hard, hardwood. It stinks to machine or work, literally- like burning hair. It polishes just like a quality hardwood. I don't have much experience with it but think it is fairly easy to work and finish. This frame only involved cutting with bandsaw, softening edges with belt sander, and sandpaper finish to 400 and paste wax.

·
Here to help and learn
781 Posts
Really like this one Flip.....I sense a reoccurring trend with your slings

I like a nice low fork, and a well executed flip shot will eliminate any problems with that. That'll be a good thing to have handy for hunting or anytime plinking. Along with lasting a lifetime it will be nearly invincible with fork hits.

You've got a great little shooter, man I've got to find me an antler fork!

Cheers - John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.