Slingshots Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now!  ENDING SOON

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got deer wandering around the yard this morn,, my cats lay around looking out the door, whenever deer show up, they growl, get all humped up, excited, really neat.
I deer hunted for few decades, got 13 all told, always carried a old victor slingshot and some marbles or something similar, whenever a not in season animal, deer or whatever critter got in range, i'd Just pop it a time or two, they never had a clue where or what it was but would go on their way, used the old victor for many years, somewhere along the line had a Barnett, mebbe couple others, don't remember, many decades pass, I still going tho, might see if could round up another old victor, nothing else just a sentimental thing, I gave up deer hunting 20 or so year back, still miss it tho, but now I got my own woods and watch them from a comfy chair and my coffee cup, hey just reminding, thinkin bout the old days. B.

·
Premium Member
10,722 Posts
I do exactly that same thing. I think about all those icy mornings in the woods. Squirrels driving me crazy waiting to hear or see a deer. Now I’ve got more deer than the feeder will feed. I sit in my chair sipping coffee and call them all by name. LoL hope you find the frame your looking for buddy. Memories seem so important anymore.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
We live in a semi-wooded urban area. I love to watch the wildlife while drinking my early morning coffee. Deer travel through our yard, a fox came through every morning for a few weeks, many times carrying a ground squirrel in it's mouth.

I think birds are my favorite though. Cardinals, blue jays and woodpeckers are plentiful, but our favorites are the sand hill cranes. At this time of the year they come over in fairly large flocks. You can hear them coming far away. My wife and I always stop to watch them fly over. We never saw them before we moved to Wisconsin.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I ,we live in a little town , bout 2,000 people, but we on the edge in little ol native woods,thicket, folk stop by from time to time on my dead end road, ohhh myyy, this is nice, didn' Know this was back here, well here we are.
OK, Folks, well the world situation is a mess, politics awful, lotsa shooting, just u name it, I can't fixit, so what do I do, go to the woods lean back against a tree, watch critters, think bout long ago, mebbe take a ???? nap, yeah, feels good, that's what I do, till I can't do it no more

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
It's firearm deer season here in Michigan. We are in an area where those people from bigger cities South of us come to hunt. I can see the deer getting more spooky but here, around our house and yard they know they are safe.

We get a lot of critters.... fox, coyote, porcupine, skunks, raccoons, possums and an occasional bear. Of course we get tons of squirrels, they are black here and as Ibojoe says, they always start chattering from the tree tops when you go out in the yard.

I love to watch the birds at the feeders in the morning, my favorites are there the first thing every day, a pair of Pileated Woodpeckers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.