Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all,

I have a slingshot which belonged to either my grandfather or my great-grandfather. The only marking on it is the word "Deerslayer" right above the handle. Can any of you date this slingshot and tell me where i can find a fewe replacement bands for it? I would love to shoot it!

Regards,
David

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Hello all,

I have a slingshot which belonged to either my grandfather or my great-grandfather. The only marking on it is the word "Deerslayer" right above the handle. Can any of you date this slingshot and tell me where i can find a fewe replacement bands for it? I would love to shoot it!

Regards,
David
Heirlooms
... deserve a pic or two, if you could. May help others give a positive i.d. also.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I believe Flatband has a Deerslayer. Perhaps he'll shed some light on the vintage. IIRC, bands would be flatbands using the "matchstick" method of mounting to the fork. Flatband or Tex-Shooter can hook you up with some nice ones.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heirlooms
... deserve a pic or two, if you could. May help others give a positive i.d. also.
Here's a pic, sorry for the quality. It's only an iPhone photo, but it's all I've got at the moment:

Harpersgrace, thanks for the links. I saw the first two while attempting to research it myself, but had not seen the third. I was trying to figure out what the band looked like! I'm hoping one of your friends on here has a few bands I can pick up. I'd love to shoot this thing!

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I'm not sure how Tex-Shooter does business (ie if he has a website or you email him) as for Flatband you can PM him, Email him or he also sells on ebay under the same name. I'm sure either would be happy to set you up with a couple of sets.
Congrats on the great frame.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
I just noticed that uses the same forefinger and thumb grip pads as my Shootist. I just goes to show how hard it is to come up with anything new.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Very good design.

Where can I buy this slingshot? It's wonderful even a copy-edition
Good luck, there is no reproduction that I know of and they very very rarely come up on ebay.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
The Tinker slingshots are an old favorite among shooters and I have both models in my collection! The only thing I would warn one about them is they are made of a zinc alloy and are brittle. Don't try to bend one or even drop one on concrete, as it will probably break. I don't shoot mine as they are worth too much to take a chance on breaking one and I could not stand that. I just like my old slingshots too much. -- Tex

1 - 15 of 15 Posts