Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Mojave Mo
5,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a song in there somewhere. Turned 55 yesterday. That is 4 generations and 55 years of emotional, physical, and mental hardship in the books. My family was cursed in the early 1900's by a Deacon in the Catholic Church. The good news is that I have a pocketful of the most excellent slings all straddled in a one RTG slingpack.
I laughed to myself when I looked at the photo on the slings in the shadow and said 'I made those'. Nope. Only birthed ONE of those slings from stem to stern! One or two of these will get moved along when I finish my next few slingprojects. My little sack:
I am carrying a bag of extra rubber. A pile of targets for 'leave behinds'*, or for my catchshed. Included in there is my 'Whisper-Target Spoon' invention for those pissy neighbors. Ammo, stuff for ammo. A mobile type catch-setup that is getting benched because it can't catch. Backup safety glasses, critter calls, a wind gauge. The Foster Can, if I told you, you wouldn't believe it. There is enough left over room for some water, grub, and pain adjusters as well. Today is a fine day to be me.

*I'm putting together a sling course in the desert. Planting targets in bushes and trees and such.
fbc8275c871358b904ff9b38b7187ac8.jpg
ee5ae2af86fad880646db0de478a2f1c.jpg
d38535bab9a0083f50cda7c23b84e258.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
Happy Birthday Mo! That's a fine collection you've got. Make sure to pass some of that collected wisdom from your 55 years down to us youngsters. I can use all the help I can get! Next time I go out to Vegas, maybe I can make a day trip out and try that course of yours. That sounds like a trip.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Happy birthday to my desert dwellin' friend.

If I had known I could of made you a birthday and sent you a pic of it.

PS- that go-bag is sweet.

Since your post reminding me of a song I'll share a link with you. I think Gary B.B. Coleman done it originally. But I dig the guy, too. (I listen to blues when I am at my bench. Maybe I'll add a Fosters next time.)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Happy birthday to my desert dwellin' friend.

If I had known I could of made you a birthday and sent you a pic of it.

PS- that go-bag is sweet.

Since your post reminding me of a song I'll share a link with you. I think Gary B.B. Coleman done it originally. But I dig the guy, too. (I listen to blues when I am at my bench. Maybe I'll add a Fosters next time.)

That's some cool birthday blues for sure

·
Mojave Mo
5,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Erm... where did my message go?

Happy belated birthday. Thats an awesome collection of frames - that pack is also cool. You may need to explain the Fosters...
At the risk of sounding possible......I am 55 years old, been slinging off and on for the last 50 of them......and.....well..... I have never cut a can. I have been saving this one for about a year, since I first found the forum. I am nervous, a little excited, just taking my time.....getting to know the can I suppose.

·
Master of Swine Fu
3,154 Posts
Erm... where did my message go?

Happy belated birthday. Thats an awesome collection of frames - that pack is also cool. You may need to explain the Fosters...
At the risk of sounding possible......I am 55 years old, been slinging off and on for the last 50 of them......and.....well..... I have never cut a can. I have been saving this one for about a year, since I first found the forum. I am nervous, a little excited, just taking my time.....getting to know the can I suppose.

Cool

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 24 Posts