Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a whole day of filing, sanding and polishing, the frame of my first desert ironwood slingshot is done.

There are indeed fine cracks, but they are in an uncritical part, plus I have stablized the frame with 8 mm steel rods. Those rods can hold the force even without the wood. This glovehsot has a heart of stainless steel!

I used another part of my croc belt for the hand brace.

The shine of the wood is just phenomenal. No epoxy, no stainer, no wax, just natural. Fantastic!

It is a tough material, and the dust is not pleasant. But the work is worth it!

Greetings

Jörg

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Joerg, I think this is the most beautiful slingshot you've made so far. Simply awesome!

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Beautiful slingshot Jorg!!! Hmmm, do I detect a pool table? I grew up playing pool and was a friend of “Short Stuff” (a hustler). He learned to play on our table. I had not seen him for several years and heard that he was killed over a hustle. He never became famous as a hustler (the good ones never do). I was not that good, but good enough to know that he was about as good as they come. -- Tex

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Very Nice!!!!

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bill, yes, this is indeed a pool table. I had a few enjoyable years as a well off, young and single man (until I discovered that a wife and a home is really the better concept). During that time, I had no kitchen, but a pool table! The single item in my kitchen - other than the fridge and the coffee maker - was a list of home delivery restaurants.

Kitchen is there now, and honestly it sees a lot more use than the pool table...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts