Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fresh from Fuerteventura, here are the first pics from my notebook.

A plywood boardcut, but with the handle being a seperate part like my Cocobolo shooter, held in place with a steel rod and epoxy.

Can be shot in hammer grip style and in the finger support style.

Clamp-on attachments for fast band change and cool looks.

Through the fork style, low, for a more compact size and little wrist strain.

Can be fitted with flat and tubular bands alike.

Low material cost.

Easy to customize with finger grooves.

Will do a prototype when I get back!

Jörg

White Vertebrate Gesture Line Art

Attachments

·
Banned
38 Posts
Fresh from Fuerteventura, here are the first pics from my notebook.

A plywood boardcut, but with the handle being a seperate part like my Cocobolo shooter, held in place with a steel rod and epoxy.

Can be shot in hammer grip style and in the finger support style.

Clamp-on attachments for fast band change and cool looks.

Through the fork style, low, for a more compact size and little wrist strain.

Can be fitted with flat and tubular bands alike.

Low material cost.

Easy to customize with finger grooves.

Will do a prototype when I get back!

Jörg

View attachment 1941
Wow! looks live a good one!

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
There is nothing wrong with yours, but dont forget they are only young lads, will it not be a bit demanding for them, i think they should make something simple and standed, like Fish or some of the others thats why they sell so many cos they are not to fancy just good working slingshots, something like this one i made a while back but in plywood so they dont have to put pins in the forks like mine, jeff

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is not hard to make this one. A drill, a saw and file plus sandpaper, some screws and glue is all they need.

Once the firk has been sawed out and rounded, you drill the holes for the scews and then you cut the tips of the firk in half, lengthwise. Then you cut the front half off. Now you round the parts, and you have a good clamp on fork.

I believe a new business must have a unique product. One more hunter clone won't work. So yes, this design is a bit challenging, but they will get a detailled set of blueprints and a private how to video from me. If they master the quest their busines will flourish.

Jörg

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,414 Posts
It is not hard to make this one. A drill, a saw and file plus sandpaper, some screws and glue is all they need.

Once the firk has been sawed out and rounded, you drill the holes for the scews and then you cut the tips of the firk in half, lengthwise. Then you cut the front half off. Now you round the parts, and you have a good clamp on fork.

I believe a new business must have a unique product. One more hunter clone won't work. So yes, this design is a bit challenging, but they will get a detailled set of blueprints and a private how to video from me. If they master the quest their busines will flourish.

Jörg
I'm with Joerg on this one, while it may be harder to perfect it will definitely give them the USP they need, looking forward to seeing the prototype!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
If it differant they want why not make naturals then not one will be the same, jeff
I am getting a vibe you don't want us making the slingshot joerg designed. We are 2 kids trying to make a name for ourselves and joerg and alot of other people are helping us . Is there something we did to anger you in any way? I am sorry if we did something to offend you

·
Registered
330 Posts

Jörg
You are on vacation and you still take the time to help two young guys out. That is very commendable!
It warms my heart!

Boys,

I hope you understand what a big favor he is doing for you and how this could be just the thing you need to succeed in your endeavors.

I remember some of the rough stuff I use to put out at your age. Keep trying and take as many wood and metal classes you can. Also if you can get side work with a cabinet and/or metal worker, you should. You have the drive, now get the skills. If you need any instruction in cutting and tapping metal, just ask. Good luck, I hope you make it!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts

Jörg
You are on vacation and you still take the time to help two young guys out. That is very commendable!
It warms my heart!

Boys,

I hope you understand what a big favor he is doing for you and how this could be just the thing you need to succeed in your endeavors.

I remember some of the rough stuff I use to put out at your age. Keep trying and take as many wood and metal classes you can. Also if you can get side work with a cabinet and/or metal worker, you should. You have the drive, now get the skills. If you need any instruction in cutting and tapping metal, just ask. Good luck, I hope you make it!
[/quote]

thanks you! and yes i cant thank him enough for doing this, he has been our slingshot idol from the begging. we are also taking woodworking classes this coming school year. with the help of evans dad who is a carpenter and my dad who owns a lumber mill we plan to do they best we can to make these awesome slinghshots

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
If it differant they want why not make naturals then not one will be the same, jeff
I am getting a vibe you don't want us making the slingshot joerg designed. We are 2 kids trying to make a name for ourselves and joerg and alot of other people are helping us . Is there something we did to anger you in any way? I am sorry if we did something to offend you
[/quote]

No you have got me wrong go for it, just trying to help, you could do both naturals and joerg, i was just worried you mite not be able to make them, but im sure joerg wil help as much as he can, all i ment was start on something a bit easyer, so you can get the finish right, you could be doing a bit of practice while your waiting for joerg to come though, i admire what you are trying to do, jeff

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
I like th aesthetics your design, as long as the lads can do it justice.
Yes the aesthetics are very good. A two piece design like this has much merit for customizing. With the support these two are getting from across the globe and the fighting spirit they have... success is just a matter of time- if they really want it that is.

Keep the fire burning (D)Evan!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.