Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Returned yesterday and could not wait to hit the workshop...

First, I made the prototype I designed for the boys from USASlingshots. I must say it took me about two hours, and I guess that even if you make it in batches it can't be made within a few minutes...

But I am TOTALLY PLEASED with the outcome. This is one of the best designs I ever came up with.

It fits the hand ideally, both in hammer grip or with frame support. The fork height is just right, and the clamp on works GREAT. Swift band change, tubes, flats, whatever you like. The screws are flush, no edges that could cut the rubber.

I forgot how nice a trough the fork shooter performs, no handslaps, no pouch entanglements, just perfect.

The grip is really comfortable. I discovered that when I made my Cocobolo shooter.

I stained the frame so the pattern of the multiplex (20mm) comes out nicely. No varnish, though.

This time I won't publish details how to make it, I will tell the boys and noone else. No blueprints, of course. And I do not permit any copies. In fact, I herewith pass all the rights over to the boys and they can decide what they want to do with it. Sell it, use it, publish it, discard it, whatever. It is theirs. They may say that I designed it, though.

I hope that I can teach the boys how to make it, meeting the high standards people expect from a Jörg Sprave design. It may take a few attempts but in the end, if they are committed, we will manage.

Jörg

·
Registered
280 Posts
I believe with confidence that there is more than just wood to wood and glue connecting the fork to the handle.

I really like the screw vice band attachment.

The plywood handle at 90* allows for better grip shaping than a flat board cut design.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
Really Nice design and look Joerg!!!! USASlingshots should be really jazzed about it!!!

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,147 Posts
Nice going, Joerg, and welcome back. Evan and Devan I am putting my order in for #1 off the assembly line should you go ahead and start production. (If that's okay with youse.)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Returned yesterday and could not wait to hit the workshop...

First, I made the prototype I designed for the boys from USASlingshots. I must say it took me about two hours, and I guess that even if you make it in batches it can't be made within a few minutes...

But I am TOTALLY PLEASED with the outcome. This is one of the best designs I ever came up with.

It fits the hand ideally, both in hammer grip or with frame support. The fork height is just right, and the clamp on works GREAT. Swift band change, tubes, flats, whatever you like. The screws are flush, no edges that could cut the rubber.

I forgot how nice a trough the fork shooter performs, no handslaps, no pouch entanglements, just perfect.

The grip is really comfortable. I discovered that when I made my Cocobolo shooter.

I stained the frame so the pattern of the multiplex (20mm) comes out nicely. No varnish, though.

This time I won't publish details how to make it, I will tell the boys and noone else. No blueprints, of course. And I do not permit any copies. In fact, I herewith pass all the rights over to the boys and they can decide what they want to do with it. Sell it, use it, publish it, discard it, whatever. It is theirs. They may say that I designed it, though.

I hope that I can teach the boys how to make it, meeting the high standards people expect from a Jörg Sprave design. It may take a few attempts but in the end, if they are committed, we will manage.

Jörg
Do the screws touch the Thera-Bands?

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
will it be made in different sizes?
because it fits your hand great, but im not sure that it will fit a human's one good...
One size fits all!

Seriously, the design of the grip should be OK for most people.

But the wooden grip allows much "pimping", for example you can cut in your own finger grooves. All you need is a rasp, a file and sandpaper.

Jörg

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,414 Posts
The design is somewhat unconventional, but looks great. I think it's great of you to help out these two aspiring young craftsmen - especially pro bono. I can't wait to see how they get on with it!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Nice going, Joerg, and welcome back. Evan and Devan I am putting my order in for #1 off the assembly line should you go ahead and start production. (If that's okay with youse.)
that is perfectly fine. we will NOT sell any of these untill we get a cuality that this slingshot deserves. I will PM you when the first is made

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.