Slingshots Forum banner
41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
aka CYBORG
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Wow...... I'm so sorry Ward. This is not the news I wanted to read first thing in the morning. I love you, hang in there my friend!!
I love you too Jake ... hug your grand kids for me.

·
aka CYBORG
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Ward,

I'm very, very saddened to hear this news. You have been one of my oldest friends on this forum --- I'm very sad to hear this news .

wll
Thanks Bill, you've been such a good friend. Almost two people die every second on this planet, but it becomes almost unbearable when that hits home.

·
aka CYBORG
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Ward. Please remember to take care of yourself. Find your warrior self and hydrate and consume a few calories. With losing your love of 40 years it is too easy to go a week or more without even a piece of gum or a sip of water. Also keep us updated on anything you want to share or vent about. The next party of this journey hurts but you can share the pain with all of us. Of this I am certain. Peace, Mo.
Very wise advice Mo that I definitely needed to hear. It would be so easy to just give in to the sadness, and at my age I have several vulnerabilities ... I appreciate that necessary face slap - TY.

·
aka CYBORG
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Im so sorry to hear this, I cant imagine losing mine of only 21 yrs. Let yourself grieve, and I will pray for you right now.
Thanks Steve. Who doesn't take their relationships for granted occasionally, but the shock of having it ripped away, especially in such an impersonal way., is pain I didn't know existed. Give extra love to yours my friends.

·
aka CYBORG
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I've been thinking a lot about you since I read this post, and I'd like to offer more help than just my words and thoughts - it's become conventional for me over the years to donate when times are hard for my family, friends, and in particular, friends who have moved further than a days drive away. It's common for someone to start a "GoFundMe" or other such crowdfunding for this, and while I don't think I'm that person for you, I would be happy to donate through whatever pathway you need (be it PayPal, a check in the mail etc), and I'm sure that of those who have posted here, there are those who would also like to help you.

... With that said, can someone start such a donation page? Or if you are comfortable sharing your PayPal name on here, I for one would be happy to help.
That is extremely generous Tombo, and a tradition I learned from my Hawaiian wife. However, I can see a small light in the tunnel, and with insurance and various benefits, I believe I might be OK when I reduce my expenses. However your thoughtful kindness is much appreciated, in fact, I'm blown away by the depth of caring and love to arise from this internet slingshot forum.

·
aka CYBORG
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Ward, my heart sank when I read your post. My heart goes out to you. I will be in touch. Already I see you are able to see the love and positive that is along with your loss. I am genuinely sorry.
Thank you so much Ray ... I look forward to hearing from you.

·
aka CYBORG
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
My deepest sympathies, Ward. Losing your soul mate is never easy, but it is much more painful when it happens too early. I'm asking for prayers to give you strength.

If you have a PayPal account, post your email. I'm sure others will join me in helping a brother.
I welcome all prayers and condolences Henry as that is what really matters. There's PayPal attached to this email but I'm a little hesitant as it almost feels like pandering. God bless this beautiful forum.

[email protected]

·
Super Moderator
5,189 Posts
I welcome all prayers and condolences Henry as that is what really matters. There's PayPal attached to this email but I'm a little hesitant as it almost feels like pandering. God bless this beautiful forum.

[email protected]
Never be hesitant to accept what is freely offered in friendship.

·
aka CYBORG
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·

·
Neophyte
2,054 Posts
Brother, I know of the pain you are experiencing, it will get better, just not as quickly as we would like. take time to remember and to heal. be well, depend on friends be they ones you know face to face or hundreds of miles away. know you are loved

·
aka CYBORG
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Brother, I know of the pain you are experiencing, it will get better, just not as quickly as we would like. take time to remember and to heal. be well, depend on friends be they ones you know face to face or hundreds of miles away. know you are loved
Thank you Robert, I'm flooded with both memories and emptiness at the same time ... and the crushing sadness. This forum has been my solace ... I'm overwhelmed by the outpouring of prayers and kindnesses ... GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts