Slingshots Forum banner

Did you ever decide your own personal do-it-all favorite ammo? How come you chose what you did?

3K views 36 replies 27 participants last post by  Henry the Hermit 
I shoot 12mm for raw power, 8mm for target and killing cans, 6mm 0,3g (+) airsoft BBs and 4,5mm steel and lead as daily carry, 4,5mm steel and airsoft ammo is super cheap and precise enough to hit random targets on the go...

8mm is the favourite; enough power for some serious carnage, but you don't need much more than 3kg of draw.

My favorite for target practice is 1/4”. Dirt cheap, don’t need a lot of latex, super easy draw. You can get those puppies screaming fast too. For my heavies I like 3/8” and every great once in a while I’ll pull out the big 1/2” and blow the living crap out of a bunch of soda cans 😁. I’d say .4mm or .5mm latex and some 1/4” or 5/16 would be a healthy daily shooter for the shoulder though. Especially for just 10 meter plinking.
I would love to shoot 1/4" / 6mm steel, but I haven't found a vendor of those with a good price. I get 8mm cheaper here in germoney. (kugel-winnie.de).
And 8mm is really nice to hold in the pouch, like the perfect size for normal sized
hands and fingers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.