Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also instead of making a new thread (I already have 2 and don’t want to spam) should I let my natural fork dry naturally out in the open, if so for how long or should I pop it in the microwave?

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Also instead of making a new thread (I already have 2 and don't want to spam) should I let my natural fork dry naturally out in the open, if so for how long or should I pop it in the microwave?
microwave can destroy a fork fast if u not paying attention short runs minute on defrost wrap your fork up in a paper bag u get to know the smell of that's enough lol I burned up about 10 of them good luck

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Short forks Better in terms of less felt force on the hand, wrist.
Negatives there is more chance you get hand slaps and get hit by the projectile or fork hit if your form is not good .
I shot with pistol grip years ago I could hit cans. Might as well get back into it with a higher fork, what I'm used to.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
The lower the forks, the better in terms of reduced wrist torsion, albeit greater exposure of your index finger and thumb to potential fork hits.

That said, when shooting larger ammo (10 mm and above), I definitely prefer having slightly higher forks in view of the potential energy of such ammo i.e. you do not want your fingers to be in the way.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Short forks, for all reasons listed above however unless already stated and I missed it, longer forks allow for easier vertical shots without having to tilt your upper body back so far to get on point. There's a video on YouTube of Dan Ambrosious shooting a squirrel hunting Slingshot setup, it illustrates my point better than I can in plain text.

Best of luck happy shooting!

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.