Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve recently seen some pics of tabs made with paracord, and noticed mention of Chicago screws. I’d be very interested in how well the “para-tabs” last as far as pulling off the frame, as well as any pics/video of different or previously mentioned styles of tabs. Apologies if this has already been addressed elsewhere. Thanks :)

·
Ray Rowden
2,712 Posts
I've had great success with paracord tabs. Although I made a point of leaving a lump when singeing the ends of the cord, I never saw any slippage to make that effort worth while. I favor mounting both ends of the cord on the target side of the forks, although mounting one on the front/one on the back, or one on each side works also.

That being said, leather tabs are my favorites. I like the way they lie flat on the fork tips.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Heya there, Kawkan. Thanks for the response :) I should have given that one a lil more time to marinate.. Found some good stuff on tabs in another thread not to mention some informative posts from you. I may try the Chicago Screws with some leather tabs, considering the reduction in elongation might work well for a .177 n 1/4" multi rig, with use of some odd dk1632 tube setup. Just recently noticed some sweet tabbed naturals too

"You think she's pretty, you ought to see my slingshot"- Alfred Hitchcock Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts