Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aww man, I saw the post and thought we were talking about actually paddling! :screwy:
DsiL - I thought the same :)

Nice Canoe's - I've always liked the look of them - but they don't come up often in the areas I've lived it. Definitely a bucket list item.
Sorry guys! I do like to paddle but I rarely get the chance. Had a friend with a custom built mahagony and teak canoe. What a work of art!

·
Neophyte
2,126 Posts
I don't canoe, but I think I ought to (as in carry a canoe style knife). Those blade are sharp in more ways than one :)

·
Neophyte
2,126 Posts
Need to pick some of these rough riders up! They do some in carbon steel too and even vg10

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
They are surely on my radar, do you have a preferred site that you like to deal with?

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Need to pick some of these rough riders up! They do some in carbon steel too and even vg10

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
They are surely on my radar, do you have a preferred site that you like to deal with?
I would highly recommend SMKW. I bough a few from different sellers on ebay and they were all good. But if you buy from SMKW they are guaranteed for life!

·
Premium Member
11,494 Posts
Nice looking knives. I remember saving my money up to go to the hardware store to buy a new knife. They had a small oak and glass case with Case knives I believe they also carried Barlow knives.

·
Premium Member
11,494 Posts
I do not have a single knife I bought as a kid, all were given away to nephews.

I may not have the name correct, but we used to play a game called "Stick Em" two people would stand side by side, one player would throw their knife away from themselves and if it stuck the next player had to stretch and touch the opponents knife with their foot. If they touched the knife then they threw their knife. We were poor, we had to make our own games. By poor I mean money, I was extremely rich with my Mom and Dad.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I do not have a single knife I bought as a kid, all were given away to nephews.

I may not have the name correct, but we used to play a game called "Stick Em" two people would stand side by side, one player would throw their knife away from themselves and if it stuck the next player had to stretch and touch the opponents knife with their foot. If they touched the knife then they threw their knife. We were poor, we had to make our own games. By poor I mean money, I was extremely rich with my Mom and Dad.
We played two similar games. One was called Spread. Same idea as the one you described. Take turns throwing a knife into the ground near the opposite player. If you didn't stick the blade in the ground it was the other persons turn. If you did stick it, the person would have to spread is feet apart to touch the knife. Kept going until someone couldn't reach the knife. The other was called Chicken. You start with feet spread as far apart as possible. Then you take turns throwing the knife into the ground between each others feet. When one would stick it in the ground, the other person would move a foot to the knife. You would keep going and feet would get progressively closer until someone would chicken out for fear of getting a blade in their foot. I still remember the day I stuck my friend in the big toe! Don't have the friend any more, but I still have the knife!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts