Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Resigned
5,341 Posts
I love slingshots, bows, swords...blades in general... and of course going out in the nature.

I am 22(almost 23) and I live with my parents...they think that my passion for all these is stupid and that making them just make me look like a big kid and of course it`s a waste of time.

But this what I like....I don`t like cars or football or other stuff that most people like....I LIKE SLINGSHOTS

What about you? Do you have problems with other people in understanding you?
I have rifels pistols air guns but my favorite is the slingshot. Most people do not connect with slingshot shooting and believe it and me to be rather infantile. Becoming proficient with a slingshot and other primal weapons is no waist of time this may come in handy one day and could be used to save someones life. You never know if we will not end up becoming like a 3rd world nation like Ruwanda where they hack each other to death with machetes. Remember Thunderdome.

· Resigned
5,341 Posts
I am going to be 65 years old next month, and just started shooting a slingshot about two months ago. I carve wooden spoons too. These are things you can do alone and I've always been pretty much a loner.
I cannot say that I don't care what other people think because I do. I guess they just figure me for an oddball... and I guess I am. So what?
The appeal of the slingshot is to me the same as the appeal of the wooden spoon. It is basically a simple object, even primitive. But the potential for variety and style is endless. (Oh, and it's cheap, too. I like that.) I like trying to perfect a simple thing like carving a spoon or making a slingshot or shooting one. Probably cause I'm a simple man.
... simple minded, anyway!
Why not make a spoon slingshot the natural curve may tend to make it ergo so it feels nice in the hand. I am for simple living. Everything is too fast and complicated. Many buy into the ffalse idea that life is about aquiring all you can just before you drop dead and you have to leave it all anyway. I am a minimalist and hate xcess. There are many things that I consider to be of no value. The more you have the more you have to worry about.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.