Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
I love cutting bandsets, my oldest daughter (2 and a half y/o) loves helping me.
Makes for some really cool daddy daughter time.

And yes she knows very well not to ever go near the roller cutter. She just loves giving me the rubber and string and then she chooses what sling they go on.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
It is only annoying when I have no spares and I need to make one quickly in order to keep shooting, which doesn't happen often, as I always have a spare frame banded up or 1-2 band sets on the ready. Otherwise I like making band sets when I can't shoot anyways. Pour a glass of Jack Daniel's, listen to some good old rock, and band making becomes actually enjoyable!

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
I get in the mood and as u said .. bust a bunch out so i dont have to do it again for a bit .. funny thing is I end up changing my draw length or taper and end up with a bunch of bands that I dont use haha

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
353 Posts
It keeps my mind entertained for a while. I usually make 30-35 bandsets an hour which last me a month or a bit less.

I prefer making them in big batches , If I made bandsets everyday or weekly it'd be very boring for me.

b7a6cd3a-da12-4e37-b502-248da6cb5acb.jpg

·
Super Moderator
1,079 Posts
It's a love/hate thing. When I do go at it, 50 sets at a time (a whole roll). Outside of that, I couldn't be bothered. Luckily, as a high end frame builder, I never have to send a band set with the frame. Most people who buy off me, already have a personal preference and don't need a band set with the frame.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Definitely not enjoy, but less than hate.

Reactions: MakoPat and Tag

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
I suppose I'm sort of torn, I think @Tag put it best for me 'good once I get started'. But I'm like that with most sling stuff other than shooting haha, like rolling clays or ammo collecting.

Reactions: MakoPat and Tag
1 - 20 of 28 Posts