Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past summer a friend lost his dog in a tragic way. His dog raided the garbage and found a potato chip bag and went about trying to get the crumbs out. She got her head all the way in. Then what happens is that her breathing caused a vacuum within the bag and it shrank down and she suffocated. He came home to find her lying dead on the floor. I've worked in animal hospitals for almost 15 years and had never heard of this happening. Tonight my wife got a phone call from her nephew and was told that his family dog died tonight the same way! The whole family came home to the horror of finding their dog suffocated with a popcorn bag trapped on his head. Please keep this in mind and be very careful about keeping bags away from your beloved pets! Please share this info with your family and friends.

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
That's heartbreaking. Thanks for the heads up though. My puppy has a habit of trying to get into the trash...

Reactions: StringSlap

·
Prince of Paraprosdokians and Epistemophilia
2,565 Posts
Oh my!

My dog ( a Deerhead Chihuahua, the original type Chihuahua, in North America), wakes up from a deep sleep, and within two seconds is jumping up and down for joy after she hears me just touch a bag of Tostitos, knowing that she'll get 1/2 a chip.

One day I found that she had her head stuck in a WalMart bag within which apparently had some food leftovers, or at least the scent of food.

Many thanks for the warning!

THWACK!

Reactions: StringSlap

·
Prince of Paraprosdokians and Epistemophilia
2,565 Posts
Dog Ear Carnivore Dog breed Wood
Oh my!

My dog ( a Deerhead Chihuahua, the original type Chihuahua, in North America), wakes up from a deep sleep, and within two seconds is jumping up and down for joy after she hears me just touch a bag of Tostitos, knowing that she'll get 1/2 a chip.

One day I found her stuck in a WalMart bag within which apparently had some food leftovers, or at least the scent of food.

Many thanks for the warning!

THWACK

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts